15

NOW

As the day is going by normally, Renesmee is having lunch outside with her friends, when she overhears another group of classmates converse:

"I just don't know what to do!", one of the girls is complaining to her friend. From what Renesmee has heard, her classmate appears to be having trouble with boys or girls.

"Honey, it's not worth it to just sit here while everybody else is having fun. You gotta move on!", her friend encourages her and rubs her shoulders.

That has Renesmee thinking - perhaps it's time for her to move on as well? After all, she cannot wait for the rest of her existence. She has to live now - at the moment. Otherwise, she will be stuck in the past forever as everybody else moves on with their lives and accomplishes awesome things. It's true that she won't age after she turns seventeen, but that doesn't mean she should be wasting her young years.

So at the end of the day, with the permission of her parents, of course, she accepts Wyatt's invitation to go out with him. It's not going to be anything dramatic - just a walk and a large slice of pizza. And sharing the latest gossip at school. They are going to have exams soon and they are nervous about how they are going to perform on them, despite the fact that they mostly get good results on exams and homework. Everyone worries regardless of their usual performance and it's something normal. After all, failure is always possible even if one is sure they are well-prepared.

Alas, their outing ends much differently than Renesmee has expected to. At 8 PM sharp, they are in front of the door of the hybrid's house, saying their goodbyes, arranging a study outing, when Wyatt suddenly asks:

"Can I kiss you on the forehead, Renesmee?"

The young girl is unsure what to say at first. Can he kiss her forehead? She is confused about why he is asking. Perhaps he's never kissed a girl before and doesn't want to make a mistake?

The hybrid herself has been kissed, alas never on the lips, by friends and family members. She and Wyatt are friends. So why not let him kiss her for goodbye?

Her eyes are never leaving his, as she nods her head at him, giving him permission. The moment Wyatt's lips touch Renesmee's warm forehead, she closes her eyes, thinking how sweet it is that he has asked her for permission. No one has ever done this to her before. It shows to her how much Wyatt cares about her and her wellbeing.

This day proves to the young hybrid that perhaps she is ready to move on. Alas, there is a part of her that still desires to see Jacob and to hear more of what he has to say to her.