13

Renesmee is holding the answer she has waited for the past three years in her shivering hands. All around her, her classmates are loudly discussing their letters. Some of them have received letters from distant relatives that they haven't heard of in years.

The hybrid is eyeing her letter, reading it over and over again, still having a hard time believing that Jacob has written to her. Her dream has come true.

"What has your grandfather written to you, Renesmee?", one of her classmates asks her, startling her. And then she remembers her lies. Someday, of course, she will have to tell them the truth. Or never. Unlike them, she won't age past seventeen, which is less than a year.

"Nothing," she fakes a smile, "I mean, nothing interesting. Same old news from Forks, you know? Rain, rain and even more rain!", and she attempts to giggle like she has seen the girls around her.

But Renesmee is a bad liar. The pear doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Her friends aren't convinced, but they know she is a pursy girl and she won't just share what is on her mind. It has taken them some time to get to know her and to have her join their group. Still, they love her the way she is. Only sometimes they wish she would trust them more.

Renesmee wishes she could open up to the people she calls "friends". She wishes she could tell them everything. Alas, she can't. If she opens her mouth and says the wrong words, she and her family will rot in hell. Besides, who, from her group of friends, cares about Jacob?

Speaking of Jacob - he wants to see her. He has invited her to meet him at a shopping mall to have a cup of fancy coffee. There, she will learn more. She can barely wait for Saturday to come. She just needs to make sure she won't get caught.

There is another truth. Renesmee feels conflicted. Part of her loves Jacob because of their past and the imprinting but another part of her wants to give Wyatt a chance. After all, it has been three years since she has last seen her imprintor. She has grown up. She is on the road to recovery.