Part 4: The Party Begins

Jesse and Romeo appeared near Lizzie's house, which had already been finished. It was a little light pink cottage with a pink roof that was even lighter than the rest of the house's exterior and pink heart-shaped windows. Pastel colored flowers lined the house and there were white fairy lights draped on the birch trees nearby.

"Oh my gosh... this place is so cute!" Jesse gushed. Romeo smiled, though there were traces of sadness in his expression.

"Yeah. It reminds me of the cabin. Y'know... home," Romeo added. Jesse heard footsteps approach her from behind. Then the footsteps stopped, and she heard a quiet laugh.

"Man, that's a lot of pink," a voice- the same person who had walked up to Jesse- commented.

Jesse would recognize that voice anywhere. She whirled around to face the person the voice belonged to... Lukas.

Lukas had blue eyes and blonde hair. He wore black shoes, a brown belt, blue jeans, and a black long-sleeved jacket- which was unzipped to show a purple and white striped shirt.

Jesse hugged Lukas, who wrapped his arms around Jesse. Both of them then let go. Lukas grinned at Jesse.

"Man, am I glad to see you," Lukas said.

"You too, Lukas," Jesse replied. Jesse beamed at him. "You missed some updates on the Hit the Target situation," Jesse stated. Lukas chuckled a bit.

"I'll definitely need to catch up. What's the info?" Lukas asked.

"It's not much, but it's something and definitely a game changer... one of the YouTubers is working for Hit the Target," Jesse told him.

"Probably Cassie Rose. Romeo saw her hanging out in the Nether," Lukas guessed. Jesse shook her head.

"That's what I thought too... but it's not Cassie. Ivor told me it wasn't her, and he's a very reliable source," Jesse replied. Lukas smiled and laughed.

"Let me guess... he was an eavesdropping ninja?" Lukas questioned. Jesse nodded and smiled back.

"Yep. Eavesdropping ninja," Jesse confirmed. She paused for a moment. "To find out who Hit the Target's helper is, we'll have to interrogate all of the YouTubers," Jesse explained.

"I'm sure Detective Jesse will figure it out," Lukas responded. The corners of Jesse's mouth turned upwards and her cheeks became tinted with red.

"Thanks, Lukas," Jesse answered. A girl with dark blue-gray eyes and black hair walked up to the group.

Her hair was tied into a side french braid. She wore a short sleeved purple blouse, gray pants, and black flats. Shimmering gray eyeshadow was lightly applied above her eyes. She wore rosy pink lipstick and black mascara.

"Are you three going to Lizzie's party?" the girl asked.

"Uh, yeah. Are you?" Lukas said. The girl grinned at him.

"Definitely. I think I should introduce myself, since we're going to the same party... My name's Ysa Everly, but my fans know me as Endershadow. I'm a makeup YouTuber," the girl- Ysa- added. Upon hearing that Ysa was a YouTuber, Romeo slowly backed a foot away from her. He looked slightly nervous, as if he were in the same room as a serial killer.

Ysa stared at him.

"You're a really strange person," Ysa observed.

Jesse took a blue notepad and a pen out of her inventory. She wrote...

Suspect one: Ysa Everly AKA Endershadow (Her name's pronounced Yih-sah though, which is kinda weird.)

"...Romeo and I are going to have a moment alone," Jesse stated. She grabbed Romeo's arm and pulled him aside, making sure she was gentle. "Make sure you act natural. We know one of the YouTubers is working with Hit the Target, but we don't want the YouTubers to know that. If they find out they'll start panicking, throwing each other under the minecart tracks, and being suspicious of each other. Trust me, I know from personal experience," Jesse whispered. Romeo's eyes were full of worry.