Chapter 16

******

Hunter is finally getting discharged from the hospital today, he asked me out on a date yesterday and I'm so excited because I've never been on a proper date before. I know we're not friends anymore it's turning in to something more.. well I hope. I finally realise how much he means to me after almost losing him. I've fallen in love with him but I don't want to tell him in case he thinks it's too fast or maybe he doesn't feel that way yet, maybe he doesn't feel that way at all. When I arrive at the hospital to take Hunter home, I walk into his room and his face lights up.

"Hey Baby", he says. Hearing him call me baby sends shivers down my spine, I love it when he calls me that.

"Hi", I grin, "you ready?"

"Yeah", he picks his bags up of the floor and makes his way towards me. He walks past me grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers, I love the small gestures, He's is definitely different.

"You ready for tonight?", smirks down at me.

"I am", I smile. We walk to my dads car because I don't have one yet. I got my license that month Hunter wouldn't wake up just so I could drive myself to the hospital instead of taking the bus. I slip in the driver seat and hunter sits in passenger seat.

"You drive now?", he laughs.

"Yeah, I got my license", I boost with a childish grin.

"Great I needed a chauffeur, I'm sick of driving myself", he chuckles.

"Heeey!", I swat his arm and he let out a small laugh.

When I drop him off at his house he gave me a peck on the lips and told me to be ready for 6 and to wear something nice. I have plenty of time till then so when I get back home, my dad is at work like usual. I go up to my room and did some studying to pass time. After time had passed I look at my phone to see what time it was.

4:30pm

Oh shit, I jump up off my chair behind my desk and rush into the shower. I quickly shampoo and condition my hair with a coconut scent, I run my shaver across my legs and armpits and hop out the shower. I tie my hair back until I've done my makeup, I blow-dry my hair and decide to put it into a bun to keep it out my face. I pad to my closet and pick out an all black long dress with straps, I got it at the mall when with Andie this summer and didn't have a reasons to wear it but now I do. It's backless at the top of my back which I love. I wear black heels with straps going up past my ankles. I look one last time in my full length mirror. Not going to lie I look darn good, I grab my purse and slip my phone inside.

When I walk outside my front door and down the path I see Hunter leaning on his car at the passenger side door looking down at his phone

When I walk outside my front door and down the path I see Hunter leaning on his car at the passenger side door looking down at his phone. He's wearing an all black suit with a white shirt and black dress shiny shoes which look very expensive, when he spots me he put his phone into his back pocket and his eyes rake over my body, our eyes met when I'm standing in front of him.

"You look... just wow", he licks his lips taking another look over my body.

"Thanks", I shyly smile. He smirks back and opens the passenger side door to allow me to get in, when I get in he walks around and gets in the driver seat.

"So, where are you taking me?", I ask.

"It's a secret", he gives me a cheeky smile with a side eye before focusing back onto the road ahead.

"Ugh, you and your secrets", I blurt and roll my eyes.

I look away in realisation of what I just said, I wanted him to tell me about his mother and father which he seemed secretive about but I didn't want to push him and I feel like I've just ruined the moment. When I look towards him and his eyes are still on the road, he glances at me giving me his famous smirk once again. Thank god he's still in a good mood and didn't take it in the wrong way.

When we were driving in silence to the slight sound of the radio my thoughts are going wild about how I can ruin this which I don't want. After changing gears he places his hand on my thigh bringing me from my thoughts, my whole body ignites with his touch and I feel a flush come up my neck, I glance away.

"You okay?", He questioned with a concerned look as his hand rubs my thigh for comfort.

"Yeah I am, why?", I look towards him.

"You've just gone silent and your mood has seemed to change", It's not like I've been talking nonstop since we got into the car.

"Sorry, I'm just thinking", I admit.

"what about?"

"Nothing important", I smile with a shrug.

It feels like we drive for ages, when we finally came to a park at a busy street filled with traffic and people everywhere, he kills the engine. I reach for the door handle.

"Wait!", He shouts and grabs my hand away from the handle. I look at him in confusion, he gets out the car and makes his way to the passenger side and opens the door reaching his hand out for me to grab. I hold on to his hand while getting out the car, I gave him a thank you and he closes the door locking it up. I take in my surroundings trying to see where we are but I have no idea. It's a street I've never been on before. We walk down the street and he interlocks our hands pulling me into a large building, this place is well lit with expensive looking décor, we walk up to a blonde haired man with a suit standing behind a black podium.

"Name?", he bluntly speaks.

"Hunter Hayes", He replies looking that man up and down.

The man takes two menus out of the podium pocket and smiles for us to follow him. He walks us through the restaurant to the back and we walk behind a wall to a secret table for privacy. It has dimmed lighting with a candle in the middle of the table which was very romantic. Hunter pulls out my seat and I sit down with a smile. He sits down across from me and the waiter places out two menus on the table in front of us.

"Would you like to order drinks now?", the young man asks.

"Can we get, the bottle of Château Lafite 1787", Hunter practically demands.

"Yes sir", the waiter walks away disappearing behind the wall. That wine sounds expensive and not to mention we aren't even old enough to drink but I'm not going to complain. I'm surprised that he didn't ask for ID. I open my menu and when I see the prices I gape, this is ridiculous.

"Hunter these prices are too much", I whisper leaning forward.

"Shhh, the prices don't matter", he smiles.

I know his father had money but I can't let him pay that amount of money for a just meal that will probably only be a smudge on a plate, "This is really expensive", I whisper again, leaning forward into the table.

"Like I said the prices doesn't matter, it won't make a dent" he boldly says glancing down at the menu, it won't make a dent? Is his father really rich or something, I'm going to try talk about his family during dinner because I need to know, my curiosity is getting the better of me and him telling me stuff about himself would means the world to me, I just hope I won't ruin it.

******

Please vote, comment and follow!☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕