Chapter 49

******

Walking towards him and seeing his gloomy eyes makes my anger towards him fade. I hate seeing him upset I just want to hug him and apologise even though I did nothing wrong. I want to give in and move away with him but a painful sting comes to my chest just thinking about leaving my dad, he's all I have. I can't leave him, maybe I can convince Hunter to stay.

"Hi", I say softly sitting down beside him and dipping my feet into the cool water after taken off my shoes and socks.

"Hey", He half smiles.

I am beyond nervous, he seemed really desperate to talk to me. He sighs darting his eyes away from the waterfall. "I love you Brin...so much, you have no idea how much", He says gazing into my eyes. He looks so uneasy, I know there's a 'But' coming.

"I love y-", he cuts me off quickly.

"But...", He sighs again staring at the waterfall.

"But what?", I ask but he doesn't answer just keeps his eyes on the waterfall. "But what, Hunter?", I say more firmly.

"But I know you deserve better so I'm moving away before graduation so I don't change my mind and be selfish" His voice cracks.

"How is that not being selfish! You tell me you love me 'so much' but you're leaving, you are being selfish", I raise my voice. I said I'd never leave him but he's the one leaving me instead. He said he wouldn't leave me and he needs me, what kind of bullshit is that!

"Please don't shout", He let's out a breath, pausing before continuing, "I'm leaving tomorrow, before prom, graduation, everything"

"No", I climb onto his lap desperately hugging him tightly.

"Yes Brinley, I've decided to go to Australia to be with my brother to better myself, it will better you too", He sighs holding me tightly around my waist.

"Please don't leave me Hunter, what about graduation? You need to graduate"

"I don't have the grades to graduate so I'd be repeating a year. I have to baby... It's for the best. I need to become better for you before I can't have you properly without all this bullshit, my bullshit. You'll be amazing I promise you that, you'll go to college and have fun not needing to worry about me. I'll come back to you if that's what you want", he whispers in my ear.

"I don't want any of that Hunter, I just want you now", I whisper letting a tear fall hitting his shoulder. I don't feel anger towards him anymore, I don't want him to leave ever.

"I know. I promise it will be so much better for you, for me. I'm not being selfish if I was I would stay here leaving the bullshit on you like I have been and not letting you be happy. Promise me one thing, Brin", He cups my cheek staring into my eyes with sadness, I nod and lean into his large hand.

"Promise me you'll go to college and live your best life even if that means not seeing me again...promise me you'll be happy", He pleas.

"I can't", A tear runs down my cheek. He wipes the fallen tear with the pad of his thumb in one swipe.

"Please", He lays his head on mine closing his eyes as if he needs to hear me promise like it's the only thing that will get him through being away from me.

"I promise", I nod.

"Now we've talked, let's spend our last hours together", He chuckles moving his head away.

"What are we going to do?", I lightly chuckle trying my best for our last moments together to be happy and not dull. I know he won't change his mind now, I have to live up to my promise.

"You pick", He kisses my forehead.

I smile standing to my feet, I remove my jeans and then my t-shirt. Hunter looks up at me in confusion.

"Skinny dipping.. duh", I laugh as I unclip my bra and slide my panties off my legs, he stands to his feet gawking at my body. I smirk walking into the cold water and diving in when it's deep enough. I pop my head out the water looking for Hunter, I feel rough hands grab my hips and I gasp.

"Did I scare ya?", He chuckles.

"Yeah", I wrap my arms around his neck then wrap my legs around his waist. It's odd how upset we were five seconds ago but acting happy now. I wish I can make him stay but he's convinced himself it's for the best. If it's meant to be like I know it is he'll come back to me in a short time. I lean forwards attaching my lips to his, kissing him will always feel like the first as my body ignites with his touch.

"We're going to have an amazing last day", He smiles into my lips.

I pull away from the kiss, "I know" I coo looking down at the water.

"Please don't be upset, be happy you're getting rid of me for a while", He smirks.

"Thank god", I jest followed with a giggle because I know he's trying to lighten the mood and It's best if I do too.

He lifts me up higher throwing me in the air, I Iet out a scream before hitting the water and going under, when I come above the water, Hunter is laughing proud of himself. I dunk his head under the water getting my revenge. We swim around, talking and laughing for a while, we got out and changed back into our clothes.

"Great now my clothes are damp", I groan.

"It was your idea", He laughs.

"A bad one", I giggle.

"Where are we going?", I ask as we get inside his car.

"Secret", He winks and I roll my eyes. He parks the car at the mall and hops out without a word, I follow like a lost puppy.

"Why are we here?", I breathlessly say trying to catch up with his long strides

"We need new clothes", He shrugs walking slower allowing me to catch up.

"We can go home to get clothes", I laugh.

"Oh well, I have twenty hours left with you I'm not going to waste it by taking you home to get clothes"

"Isn't this the same"

"Not really, this is more fun"

He opens the mall doors gesturing for me to enter first, "Come", he demands walking towards a jewellery store.

Why we going into a jewellery store? Weren't we meant to be getting clothes to change out of these damp ones? I look around a the bright lights under rings, bracelets, necklaces and earrings, everything looks absolutely beautiful. I smile as I look up at Hunter. His eyes shine under all this lights making me awe. I really do love him.

******

One chapter left!!😢

Please vote, comment and follow!😊

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕