Chapter 18

^Listen to this while you read^
******

"Dad!?", He raises his voice in shock.

"Why have you brought a slut into my home hunter!?", His father shouts taking long strides towards us, Hunter steps in front of me like a guard dog.

"Dad, don't!", Hunter pushes on his fathers chest hard and he stumbles back when he regains his balance, he sways closer to Hunter.

"You're going to start hitting me back now huh!? You want to hurt me?", He slaps Hunter's left cheek. I gasp at the noise but Hunter doesn't seem fazed by it.

"Dad please... stop!", His voice betrays him by breaking. I don't know what to do and I don't know what to say. I don't even know what is happening right now, it's all going too fast. I want to hug him and tell him everything will be fine but I'm frozen as I stare at his angered father.

"Why? You didn't stop when I told you too! You like the violence right, Hunter?", He slaps his right cheek this time and I flinch again with the sound of a smack. Hunters breath hitches and his chest is heaving up and down at a rapid pace as he gets angrier by the minute. I grab his hand to try calm him down. His father looks down at our hands and lets out a laugh throwing his head back.

"Got yourself a good looking slut there, Hunter", he moves closer eyeing me up and down over Hunter's shoulder.

"Don't speak about her like that!", he growls. His grip tightens around my hand.

"You're just like your mother, it disgusts me. You killed her! You shouldn't be here! You don't deserve to be here! You junky fuck!", His fathers British accent spits pointing and getting closer to Hunter's face.

"Shut up!!!", Hunter shouts out letting go off my hand and stepping closer to his father, "I hate you dad...I fucking hate you!! You made me the way I am today! You did this to me!", He pushes his father back.

"I never loved you! you spoiled little brat", His father shouts back and lunges forwards. He swings his left fist to his face catching his jaw. Hunter stumbles back as soon as he realises what had happened, he grabs his father fast by the throat and he trips him up with his foot so his fathers falls back on the floor, he hits the ground harshly and the sound is hard like a ton of bricks. Hunter straddles his torso still holding his throat. He cocks his right fist in the air fast and back down catching his fathers face, "I hate you!", he begins to cry. He rapidly and repeatedly hits his face, hard.

I grab Hunters shoulder, "Hunter!", I scream out crying, horrified. I didn't even realise I was crying until I shouted out and heard my own voice. He stands to his feet towering over his father, he looks down at his hands and then back to his father. His fathers face is swollen and covered in blood along with Hunter's hands, his father spits blood out of his mouth staring back at his son, looking disgusted even though he was the one that started all of this.

"Come on, Baby", I whimper and take his hand. He turns towards me with bloodshot eyes and inflamed cheeks. I pull his hand towards the front door and when we steps out into fresh air Hunter lets go of my hand and paces towards his car, "Get in!", He shouts while getting into the car.

I walk quickly over to the car sliding into the passenger side, he turns the ignition and speeds off with a tire screech. I look towards Hunter and he looks so broken, his chin trembles as he stares at the road ahead and grips the steering wheel.

"H-hunter", I stutter with tears running down cheeks, I want to make him feel better but I don't know how.

"Don't Brinley, okay... just don't", he says with his voice cracking not taking his eyes off the road.

"Baby?", I really wanted to speak to him and take his mind off things. His father said "You're going to start hitting me back now", does that mean when Hunter had bruises it was from his father? Why didn't he fight back before? why now?

We pull outside of a hotel and he checks in, we make our way upstairs into the room. Hunter turns towards me as soon as we get into the room and his arms wrap around my waist pulling me into his embrace.

"Please stay with me tonight?", he asks whispering into me ear.

"Of course, I wouldn't leave you", I reply with the same tone.

******

If you're wondering who I picture as Hunter's father, it's Robert John Burke

Please vote, comment and follow!☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕