Chapter 48

******

It's the end of the school day finally, I really haven't missed it at all. I asked Andie to take me home to my dads because Hunter has pissed me off. I link arms with Andie when she comes out of class.

"Where's Wyatt?", I ask.

"I have no idea", She shrugs.

"Oh, have you seen him today?"

"No, why would I see him?", She tenses up.

"Because...he's our best friend", Why is she acting so strange, "Are you okay?", I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine", She fakes smiles. She's my best friend, I know when she fake smiles but I can tell she doesn't want to tell me so I won't push it.

"Brinley!", I hear from behind us as we walk through the car park, I look behind still linked with Andie.

"Hey, Kai", I smile.

"Hey, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hangout sometime?", He nervously smiles back and forth to Andie and I.

"Uhm, sure why not", I shrug with a smile. He's a nice guy and he's always so nice to me in class.

"Brin!", I cock my head to a very angry Hunter storming our way.

"Get in the fucking car!", He shouts.

"No, Andie is taking me home", I snap. What the fuck is wrong with him?

"I said get in the car!", He sternly says keeping his eyes on Kai.

"I'm taking her home", Andie speaks up with a scowl.

"Like I said, get in the car Brinley", He ignores Andie standing in front of a scared Kai.

"Jesus Christ Hunter, leave him alone!", I tug his arm trying to move him away.

"What did I tell you before", He asks Kai.

"I-I..."

"I-I...", He mocks his stutter.

"Hunter!", I warn. Hunter stares deep into his eyes like he's ready to kill.

"Brinley, come on", Andie yanks my arm leading me towards her car. It snaps Hunter out of his stare.

"Don't talk to her again!", he states before rushing after myself and Andie.

"Get in the car Brin!", He follows.

"No", I says reaching for the handle.

"Get in the fucking car!", He punches the hood of Andie's car, I flinch at the sound again.

"Hunter, what the fuck!", Andie shouts.

"Shut up!", He point her way looking into my eyes, "Just please get in the fucking car", He speaks calmer.

"I said no", I stand my ground.

"Well I said yes"

"Come on", Andie slides into the driver seat looking uneasy.