15

I woke up covered in a cold sweat and my breathing was uneven. I got up making Kentrell grunt. I walked into the bathroom and I stripped before hopping in the shower.

I made it quick because I know if I stayed in here too long Kentrell would come in and then... You know, Yeah.

When I got out I wrapped myself in my robe and walked to my closet. I put on a pair of red sweat pants and a T shirt with a matching red hoodie. I slid my scarf off and sat it on the vanity. It was still dark outside so Ill assume its around 4Am since thats usually the time I wake up.

I make sure to be quiet as I walk out my room and downstairs. "Go to your room Cece." Rocky our pet parrot said making me roll my eyes. "Shh youll wake everyone up." I said looking at him on the chandelier. I heard the sound of small paw steps just before a brown ball of fluff came into view. "Hey coco." I said kneeling down and rubbing his head. I walk out of the house into the darkness of the night. I walked towards the northern hill before going over it and in between It and another hill sat the remains of my old home.

I walk down the hill to my old home and I go into the old house thats nearly burnt to the ground. I walk through what used to be the living room dining room kitchen and out to the backyard. We still had the pool there because... How do you even get rid of a pool?

Even though everything else was burnt to a crisp. Im surprised the house didnt crumble to the ground. That night will forever scar my mind. So many people died that night. So much family lost.

I walked around the pool to where we put a grave for all our lost souls who died in the fire about 15 years ago. 15 long years since Ive seen my brother. I ran my fingers over his tombstone. 'Caspian Relmano A kind heart with a fierce soul.'

I missed it All.

"You okay Kayla?" I heard Kentrell say and I nodded slowly bundling up my emotions. "Im just happy we can knock this tombstone down." I said before standing up and turning towards him smiling. "Ill finally have my brother back." I say quietly and he smiles at me but then his expression clouded over and became cold.

I tried to walk past him but he pushed me back. "Cmon we need to go home." I said trying again but he grabbed me and put me in front of him. "What are you doing?" I asked and he just stared at me. "Kentrell Move." I said trying to push him but he grabbed my wrist putting them behind my back making me stand closer to him as he looked down at me with that intense stare.

Immediately I wanted to break down and hide just because of the way he stared at me. I dont know why it was just so Intense it made him look powerful and mean.

"Kayla whats wrong?" He asked and I shook my head smiling. Theres nothing wrong. "Your still lying even when Your crying." He said and my eyes widen as he let go of my wrists and held my face wiping my tears. "You Can tell me." He urged pulling me into a hug.

Then and there I just felt the tears coming and coming. "Its just like I've missed so much of his life. I thought my brother was Dead For so long. They've had him for so long like what if he aint the same like they brainwashed him into thinking we aint family and to takeover the gang." I said and he held me tighter. "Its okay Kayla. We gon figure this out. Gotta get through all of this and come out in top." He said and I nodded.