C H A P T E R F O U R

Angel POV

Well it was done. He knew.

And now he was going to meet her. That should be a load off but inside I'm freaking out.

He took it alot better then I had been expecting.
He was so calm. Sort of. For the most part he was alot calmer then I expected.
What was with that?

He should've been mad. He should've yelled, kicked, cried...well not really but I dont know he took it surprisingly well. He just went all stoic silence and looked so handsome in his thinking.

"You alright?" Kelly asked quietly standing across from me at the kitchen bench pulling me from my stressing.

I pulled my nail from my mouth. I'd been tugging at it since Kelly came back to get me 2 hours ago. I was surprised I had a nail left. I wasn't a nail biter by any means but at this point I was so stressed I'm surprised I didn't chew off the table leg.

"Not really" I sighed my hands ringing  against each other trying to stop the tremble that had started.

"He seemed to take it well I suppose" Kelly replied enthusiastically.

"He was so calm, Kels. Least for the most part. He even said he didn't hate me. What is with that?" I sighed pulling at the skin on my finger more.

"Angel, you need to relax. The hard part is done now. He knows. He'll be here for dinner. Just try and calm down you're making me nervous"

"Kels how do I calm down, He's about to meet Lila. And I haven't even told her who he is?"

"He's my Daddy isn't he mummy" Lila said suddenly appearing behind me.

I gasped turning around shocked.

"You said I had my daddy's eyes, mummy. And he has eyes like me" Lila said matter of factly.

I squat down to Lilas level as she twirls a curl of my hair in her fingers nibbling on her lip.
I knew eventually the topic would come up in school why she didn't have a daddy or where her daddy was and the thought of her being teased about it killed something inside me.
It wasn't fair she would have to deal with that.

"Yea baby girl. He's your daddy. He is coming to visit tonight is that okay?" Her face immediately lit up like a Christmas tree.

And that was another thing, it was Christmas in only a few weeks. Noah and Lila's first Christmas together.

"Yay! Mummy, I can show him my pony toys! And paw patrol! Daddy loves paw patrol!" She squealed excitedly before running off to dig her toys from the cardboard box I had stashed them in before bed the previous day.

I sighed standing up to look at Kelly who had a gentle smile "she's not silly is she"

"Not in the slightest" I replied turning to put the coffee machine on.

"What if he breaks her heart too, Kels" Tears pricked my eyes as I gripped onto the counter top.

Kelly closed the space between us placing her arm around my waist hugging me from the side

"I don't know, Angel. I guess you just have to be there for her." Kelly said resting her head on my shoulder.
"He might surprise you though, Angel"

"Yeah, maybe" I said unconvincingly

"Go have a long shower, I'll make you a hot coffee when you come back down"

"Okay"

A few hours later I had showered, trying as best as I could to calm my jittery nerves.