C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - O N E

- ANGEL -

A gentle lull of a heart rate monitor and the weight of a warm heavy lump on my arm as I woke up bought me a sense of relief.
Fluorescent light floods the room and I am tucked into the central hosptial bed under layers of thermal blankets.

Focusing on shaking the fog I shifted my arm and saw Noahs peaceful face resting on the cot and his fingers wrapped in mine. His hair looking like it hadnt been wrangled in days as the once luscious locks looked like a birdnest that fell out if its tree, and then got ran over.
Small pieces falling across his face framing his expression. He was paler then normal with deep under eye circles.
Stress aging him I could help but begin to stress over him. He needed to rest.
Other hair gently tucked the stray hairs behind his ear as he sighed contently and a small smile crossed his features.

"Youve got a stubborn one there, Miss" a new voice says softly and I look over to see a nurse in pastel blue scrubs walk in with a folder placing it in the holder at the end of the bed and coming over to check my obs.
Not moving once Noah slept peacefully the nurse smiled at us both and sat down in the chair on the right side of the cot.
"Well now you are your man will have matching scars. Doc will be shortly but youll be cleared for discharge after i fill out some paperwork. Congratulations" she smiled patting the back of my hand which had a IV cannula attached. "Ill go get what i need to remove that for you. Rest. Ill be back" she smilled and left the room. No sooner had the door softly closed it was flung open agaon by the same doctor who had operated on Noah.

"Good Morning Sunshine" He bellows and Noah snaps straight up scanning for danger and I reach to sooth him. His eyes take a good minute to adjust and realize im looking at him before he softens and goes to speak.
But as I reach to stroke his beard a glimmer of light catchs my eye and I look down to see a vintage style ring on my ring finger. It glimmered as the light caught it and I took a sharp intake of breath.

"Noah?" i whispered breathlessly.

"Yea darlin'" his morning voice is husky and all too sexy as i remember.

"What is this?" I ask stupidly.

"Were getting married darlin'" he says matter of factly. The light twinkling in his eyes hes beyond excited. I take a minute look down at the beautiful rose gold ring with a vintage setting and emerald cut diamond it is perfect.

"But..."

"But? But what babe" Noah questions and my eyes dart to the doctor who standing there clipboard in hand watching like its a championship. tennis match, his eyes darting between the two of us in amusement.

Swallowing the lump in my throat I look up at him with teary eyes, strangely highly emotion, a flood of tears threatening to come out as I choke out "but you never asked" I croak between hiccuped cries.

Noah looks at me in perplexed horror at my sudden emotional outburst probably thinking I'm some psycho. My smal hands cover my face as i try cover my own embarrassment.

"Honey," Noah shifts up to sit on the bed gently pulling my hands from my face. I sniffle as he brushes the tears away. He smiles at me and cups my cheek "Honey, I didnt ask because that means you could say no. We are getting married darlin. I fucked it up last time but Im never letting you or Lila go ever again okay? I love you and I will love you forever. So we are getting hitched!" He smiles and I laugh, hiccup and blubber like a emotional spastic.

"You okay honey. I wasnt quite expecting that reaction." Noah smiles as i sniffle some more. Nodding and trying to gather myself I trace circles with my finger tips on his other hand resting in my lap.

"Im okay, emotion I guess. Probably hormones" I sniffle smiling at him.

"Or because you're pregnant" the Doctor says suddenly and I then remember we werent alone.
My eyes snap over to him immediately

"What?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. Short update!

Surprise! Angels pregnant!

Picture below is her engagement ring.

How are all you guys coping with COVID-19?
Let me know how you are from your place in the world.

Love you!

Dont forget

Comment your thoughts

Vote!

Share!