C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Angel

Pulling into the underground carpark the caller had said it seemed nothing but sketchy. It was 45 mins out of town and clearly time had not passed easily in this neighborhood. Litter and tents upon tents of people sleeping rough lined the carpark and footpaths around the empty main streets. Barely more then the gasstop and small grocery store were open. It was eerily silent.

Surprisingly so was Syk. He came along with very little protest which surprised me. I drove with the gun still aimed at him but he seemed to be off in his own world. His shirtless chest covered by his cut so up close I could see his tattoos covered numerous scars over his torso and forearms.

He was an animal. Moving like one. Silent like a predator.

After arriving I rummaged to find Sabres gym bag she had left in the car with a full water bottle and a gatorade which i chugged down. Seeing Syks adams apple Bob up and down I extended the bottle to him. He turned slowly to look at me curiously.

I narrowed my eye holding the bottle out. Almost as if he refused to take it from me I lowered it into the cupholder infront of the centre console seperating tje front seats. Hoping out I scanned the area to see the opening of the tunnel the man on the phone.

It could well be a trap. The underground was a fighting pit. Illegal fights for the shadiest of types. I didnt understand why the club was involved either.
But they were.

And some how I had ended up here too. I had trained so if i had to fight I was confident i could hold my own and kick some ass but if i got hurt I would delay me getting Lila back. She was mine.

I needed to keep her safe. I felt like a failure that I hadnt and now Noah lay half dead in the hosptial.
I should be relied on the club for help but i had been alone for so long. I could do this. I couldnt waver. I couldn't doubt myself. Whoever this person was wouldn't best me when it came to my child. She was my child. And I would protect her at all costs.

Looking into the car window Syk seemed to be assessing the area before exiting the vehicle and coming to stand by me.

"Are you going to come without protest?" I questioned looking up at him. He was easily a foot taller then me and a menacing sight to be confronted with.

His head turned to look at me and underneath the feral, terrifying exterior his eyes seemed sad. I saw something in him that reminded me of myself. Loneliness.

He gave a curt nod which let me release a sigh of relief that it was one less battle i had to face.

"This is a trap" he said in his rapsy voice. Almost as if he rarely ever spoke. Which wasnt really a surprise.

"Most likely"

He turned and quirked a brow. This may be a suicide mission but he didnt seem fazed and I at least had to try.

I tucked the glock into the waist band of my black jeans covering it with my t-shirt. The cool air nipping at my skin.
And stuffed the smaller of the two knifes into my boot.

I didnt know how long they would last but I refused to go in unarmed.

We made our way slowly aceoss the carpark coming to the opening of the tunnel. The sun had well and truly gone down the recurrent flicker of the streep lamp near by filling the space with a fluorescent hue.