C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E

Angel

Something didnt sit right...

"You're lying" I said honestly.
He knew something but i wasn't his daughter. A gut feeling told me I knew he wasnt truthful.

"Am I?" He quirked "You dont even know who you are Evangeline. I do though. Are you ready to play child" Alexei taunted. Trying to lure me into his sick game. I wanted my child thats all that mattered.

Before I could react two armed men appear beside me and another two beside Syk who stood holding the injured woman in his arms. Letting out a pained wail she shook like a leaf and tears began streaming down her face.
They rose there guns and the door where Lila had been opened and pointed at the cage she was kept in was another man with a gun.

"Please! Please! What do you want? Dont hurt her" I begged. Syk whispered in the womans ear and she stilled before he placed her one her feet. She was petite not only underweight but she was almost shorter than me. She couldnt have been much younger then me but she looked for fragile and scared.
One of the men pointed a gun at her also and with only the knife in my boot we were screwed.

I felt like a idiot for not thinking this through fully.

"I want you and your lot out of my hair...permanantly" Alexei snaps "nothing but trouble since the lot of you were born. The vermin you are!" He snarled before his face twisted into a sadistic grin.

"Time to play a game girlie!" He sung into the air, turning he snapped his fingers pointed at me and 2 men pushed through the crowd and came up to latch there claw like hands around my biceps tightly. No doubt I would bruise at the force of there hold.
Alexei rose from his throne and stepped off the edge of the platform dropping down on to the floor coming closer to me. Closing the distance he moved slowly and his hand reached up and grasped my face in his cold callous hands

"You were right child you are not my child. We are sem'ya though. I'm going to enjoy watching you and your like die one by one."

Sem'ya i knew somehow meant Family in russian. Triggering something familiar from along time ago. Shaking the memory haze away I looked up into his cold evil eyes
"I will kill you. I promise you this" I promised him and it was the furthest thing from a lie.

I would kill him.

His hand tightened on my jaw bringing my face up higher my neck craned upwards
"Time for the game, child" he said before turning to the men holding me and sprouting a wave of instructions in Russian. They nodded in agreement and began dragging me towards the caged ring in the centre of the room. The crowd had thinned by half suddenly and the room grew quiet.

Syk bristled as the men around him gestured for him and the girl to follow but he pushed the girl behind him protectively and practically growled like an animal. He was going to be of no help. I didnt want the girl to be hurt more. Whoever she was.

The wire cage door was yanked open the metal frame catching on the concrete ground with a sharp clank. I was pushed inside and the door quickly shut behind me.

"You will fight!" Alexei cried maniacally. The crowd began to part again as a tall muscular figure made there way to the other side of the cage. I could heard thewoman near Syk begin to panic she was crying and then was yanked away by two of the men in black. Alexei had gotten Syk off guard I watched as a man in black crept up behind him before lowering the butt of his gun on the back of his skull with a sickening crack.
He immediately went down from the surprise attack and his men bound him with a link chain. Dragging him across the ground. The woman began crying out and Alexei silenced her with a brutal slap. Spitting instructions to another one of his lemmings he dragged the woman over to the cage right behind the tall scared man who the crowd began to cheer.