C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

Angel

Days began blending into the week and the first week rolled into the second and then a third. The clubhouse buzzing, still on edge but as the time passed noone got complacent. Ink didnt say it but they were waiting. Retalitation for the Sage attack was an option yet.
Or at least none I had heard about. Not that i minded that much.

Sage showed up 3 days ago to speak to Ryder about the refirb. They took the attack as a sign to remodel the whole club. Which meant no work until it was done. As much as I loved earning my own money it make me think especially getting involved with Noah I didnt want to be a stripper forever.
The realtor had called 3 days ago to say the house had 2 interested buyers before walk throughs this weekend and shed let me know when the offers came in.
Maybe it was time to start seriously thinking about what I wanted to do in the long term.
The money from the house could rent out a space in town I'd spotted perfect size for a flower store. The idea beginning to make me giddy.
Planning a future here.

Even on lockdown he guys sometimes did leave the compound to go do the work at Sage's. Noah though never left my side.
Unless it was to train BFG and another one of the prospects who was a fighter i had forgetten the name off.

Most of the days I spend with Lila who hung out with Blake all the day which meant i spent most of my days with Sabre. She was teaching me all her recipes and boy did that woman know how to cook up a storm.

I did know how to cook before but only the basics now Lila was actually semi excited to eat my food.

Parenting win right there.

The week blended into another and then another but I wasnt bored at all. The Club kept it interesting, taking us under there wing making us one of there own.
Noah and I had slipped into a love bubble as Sabre called it.

Picking up almost where we left off, i did feel loved ans cherish and all the things that i was supposed to. The feelings of hurt and the pain of the past slipping away day by day. Noah was devoted to us. Both Lila and I.

He had changed.

He had grown and he showed that through and through. Lila had him wrapped around her little finger and the guys gave him shit for becoming whipped as they called it.

I stifled at laugh when Noah fired back to Riot "Being a dick wasnt gonna make his bigger"

Those two fought worse then siblings.

I had been watching Riot to see he watched Dove like a Hawk. She was shy outside of Sages but Riot always was close by when she came to hang out at the compound. She wasnt a club bunny, she was something else. The guys respected her and looked over her, all looking at her like a sister. All except Riot.

Looking over at her pinched brows as she sat decorating cupcakes at the kitchen island i noticed she had a natural talent of baking.
She expertly piped the icing onto the cupcake before decorating it with the miniture bike fondant decoration she had hand painted earlier that day.

"Who taught you how to do that?" I asked closing the oven door for another 12 to cook.

Doves eyes shot up before she stilled looking down at the cupcake with a glint of sadness across her eyes.

"U-ugh. My uh gran. Before she died" she almost whispered playing with the end of the plate. I could see Riot perk up from the table at the other end of the island at her voice.