Chapter One: My New Worst Enemy

.Flashback.
Sophomore Year

Candice's POV

(a/n: Picture of Candice at the beginning.)

I flat-ironed my hair then bumped my Chinese bang. It's the first day of school so I decided to dress cute. I wore camouflage high-waist shorts, a white crop top that said "west coast" in black writing, I slid on a beanie, and threw on a pair of my red vans fresh out the box. Afterwards, I put on some gold jewelry and grabbed some shades. I walked in the kitchen of our cramped apartment to see my mom sitting at the table drinking a bottle of whiskey. I sighed grabbing the bottle in her hands. She hasn't been the same since Donte died. She tried pulling the bottle away, but I'm stronger than her so I was able to pry it from her hands. She finally gave up and let out all her frustration and pain in the form of tears. I kissed her cheek and told her to go shower and get some rest before heading out the door. I hopped in the car and drove to the hell hole people call school. Donte and I shared the car when he was here, and it still smells like him. I put a fake smile on my face as I walked in the school. I pulled out my schedule and searched for my first class of the day. Someone bumped into me, but they caught me before I fell. I looked up to see a dude that didn't go here last year, I know this because I know EVERYONE. I looked at him and he smiled at me. He was cute no lie, but him just staring at me was aggravating. He opened his mouth to speak, but I blurted out "Watch where the fuck you're going," and I brushed past him. I found my first class, Chemistry, and took a seat in the middle next to my best friend Roman. We've known each other since 5th grade, when he took the swing I was about to get on. I remember it like yesterday. He took the swing I was about to get on, so I pushed him off and we fought. When I say fought I mean literally fist fighting. Now we're best friends, and practically inseparable If he fights, then I fight. If he's in trouble, then so am I. If he's somewhere, I'm probably not too far behind.We're like Pinky and the Brain.

"Hey Candi." He said glancing up from his phone.

"Hey Rome." I responded moving his backpack from the seat next to him.

"You lookin right today, when you gon let me smash." He said smiling.

I rolled my eyes. "We discussed this already."

"Tell me again, I got amnesia." He said laughing.

I pushed him playfully and he pulled my desk right next to his so they were touching.

"You gon tell me?" He asked.

I started laughing at him and he just stared at me. I pushed his head playfully.

"I'm a virgin Roman." I said shrugging.

He straight faced me before saying, "that's a DAMN lie."

"You let Josh smash." He said shrugging.

I smirked. "No, Josh let me smash." I replied making him laugh.

"You still mad at Josh?" He questioned.

"Yes, I told him when he left that night not to go do nothing stupid and he went got fifteen to twenty years in maximum security prison." I snapped. He looked at me sympathetically.

I sighed telling him, "He called me last night and asked was I gon wait for him."

"What'd you say?"

"No, because he didn't listen and I'm not about to wait that long for him to get out. For all I know, when he gets released I can be married with kids." I told him.

"I thought you loved him?" He joked.

"Love? What the hell is that? Fuck love." I said putting on a front. Anybody that knows me knows that Josh was my baby and that I'd do anything for him.

"What if his sentence gets shortened because of good behavior?" He laughed. 

"Yeah right. Josh!? Good behavior? Keep dreaming." I rolled my eyes. Josh wouldn't know how to be good to save his life.

I smiled at Roman. He's the most amazing friend. He acts as a boy and girl. He's all the bitch I need, so I don't need any female friends. Roman is always there for me like a brother, and I love him as much as I love Donte. He knows when I'm hurt, angry, happy, lying, everything, and he can read me like an open book. Mrs. Iceberg walked in and faked a smile directed towards Rome and I. We always act up in her class, I've been suspended three times because of her.

"Good Morning class for those of you who don't know me I'm Mrs. Iceberg. I'll be your chemistry teacher for the year." She said with a smile.

"Obviously." I mumbled.

"It's nice to see you too Candice." She said sarcastically to me.

"Too bad I don't feel the same way." I said shrugging.

"I see you haven't changed over the summer. I trust that Roman has changed."

"Guess again Tammy." Roman and I dapped each other and laughed.

"It's Mrs. Iceberg to you, and I suggest you not start the year off this way or your grades will suffer." She threatened. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Tammy." Roman said shrugging.

The class laughed, but Mrs. Iceberg just glared at us. As the laughter died down the door opened revealing the boy who bumped into me this morning. I looked around the class for empty seats and the only available one was next to me. Fuck my life. I blinked long and hard as Mrs. Iceberg introduced him.

"Class this is Carlos Reynolds, I hope you make him feel welcome."

She pointed to the desk next to me, and said "You can sit next to Candice or should I say class clown number one."

"Sorry, my imaginary friend James is sitting here Tammy. Find somewhere else for pretty eyes to sit." I said putting my bag in the seat.

"Carlos you can sit next to her." Iceberg said to him ignoring me.

He smiled and nodded before walking over to the seat next to me. I moved my bag, and he sat down and turned facing me.

"Can we have a proper introduction?" He asked smiling.

"I don't think so." I answered.

"I'm Carlos." He said holding out his hand. I looked at his hand and from.

"And I don't give a fuck." I said nonchalantly. He chuckled.

"Why you so rude ma? You don't know me."

"I don't want to know you." I responded.

"Give him a chance Candi, he's new." Alexa said.

"She don't have to." He responded.

Carlos turned forward and pulled out his phone. I smiled at my satisfaction of getting him to leave me alone. Rome shook his head and took out his phone. I looked around the class to see everyone on their phones, so I pulled out mine and scrolled down my instagram. I got bored and took a picture of random people in the classroom.

I added a picture of Roman sleeping.

QveenCandi: Look at my best friend @KingRomanReigns knocked Tf out.

I added a picture of Lamarie stuffing Doritos in her mouth.

QveenCandi: Lala fat ahh sneaking and eating. @LalaICantHearYou With her hungry ahh.

I added a picture of Xavier staring at his phone smiling.

QveenCandi: Xavi smiling hard af, he must be texting Alexis. @XavierTheMan @AlexisSmiles

I added a picture of Carlos looking so serious. He was looking down at his phone.

QveenCandi: I caught him off guard. I'm starting the year off right, I already got enemies. Look at Carlos aka Pretty Eyes aka My New Worst Enemy.