Chapter Eight: You Started a War

Senior Year

Candice's POV

My mom begged me to move back in and she promised that what happened the last time won't happen again. It's been three weeks since the incident with Carlos. I heard he's supposed to come back to school today. I also heard he has a new girlfriend. I saw pictures of them on instagram, she's pretty, but I don't like her. I broke up with Peyton last week, I saw something in his phone I didn't like. I walked down the hall talking to Cory. Cory is a white boy, Rome and them turned him black. He's cute, but he's too cocky and I don't date white boys. Speaking of Rome, I still haven't talked to him, he hasn't even been to school. I went over his house a few times, but nobody came to the door. I'm a little worried. I saw Carlos and his girlfriend hugged up at his locker. It hurt to see them together, but I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

"When you gon leave them black boys alone and get with me?"

"I don't date white boys."

"I'm not white boys, I'm Cory Elliot Hester."

"Elliot?! That's cute."

"I'm cute shawty. I'm sweet, I'm funny, I'm Cory, and I got money."

"I don't date dudes for their money."

He nodded and stared at me with emotions I've never see in him. He took off his hat and brushed his hair back with his hands, then he sighed.

"I can get any girl, but I can't get you."

"I'm not like any other girl."

"I know, and that's why I want you. Let's go get something to eat after school and if you don't have fun, I'll leave you alone."

I stared in his eyes searching for sincerity. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Okay."

"I'll pick you up at 6:30."

I nodded, he kissed my cheeks and squeezed my butt. I let out a squeal and grabbed his wrists to restrain him.

"I'll see you later beautiful!?..... Oh yeah, that squeal was cute."

-6:30pm-

I had just got a text from Cory telling me he was outside waiting. I grabbed my stuff and headed out the door. He stood against his silver charger with a smile on his face. He wore khaki cargo shorts, a white v-neck, Sperry's, and a gold watch.

"You clean up nice." I said with a smile.

"Don't I?!"

I rolled my eyes at him as he opened the passenger door for me. I climbed in and said thank you. Once he closed the door he jogged around to the driver's side. He put the car in drive and began driving.

"You look beautiful Candice."

"Thank you."

"Cory and Candice? Candice and Cory? Which one do you like?"

I burst out laughing, he can not be serious.

"I'm serious Candice."

"Where are we going?"

"To the beach."

"Then are we eating?"

"Yeah."

After a forty-five minute drive we finally arrived at the beach.

"Close your eyes."

"Are you going to rape me? I knew this was a trap."