Chapter Four: Junior Year

Junior Year

Candice's POV

It's September, school started a month ago. I'm still dating Ezra, it's been a year and counting. I stood at my locker as I waited for Roman, he said he had to show me something. As I closed my locker, Roman walked up. I turned and hugged him.

"Hey my gorgeous best friend."

"Hey, what do you have to show me?"

He handed me his phone with a picture of Ezra kissing Salem. Just as I handed Rome back his phone, Ezra walked over and tried to kiss my cheek. I pushed him away, but he grabbed my wrists.

"Babe? What's wrong?"

"I'm not your babe. Ezra we're done."

"Candice please? What did I do? Give me another chance."

"I told you that you only had one chance, you used your chance. I refuse to let you fuck me over you fucking cheater. Rome handle him after school."

"You know I got you Candi."

"Bae, I'm sorry."

"Fuck your sorry."

I left Ezra and Roman standing there and stormed down the hall headed to class. I had tunnel vision at the moment so I paid no attention to my surroundings. I bumped into a hard chest, and he caught me by my waist. I looked up and saw those pretty hazel-greenish gray eyes. I moved his arms and I blurted, "Watch where the fuck you're going."

"Hey to you too, long time no speak. You're welcome."

"For what?"

"I saved you from fall on your pancake butt."

"My butt is not flat besides you wouldn't have to save me from falling on my ass if you watched where the fuck you're going."

"Whatever, I want to apologize for calling you a bitch last year."

"It's too late for that."

"Fine I take it back, I don't understand how anyone puts up with you, you're..... nevermind"

"No say it, I'm a bitch. I know I am, is that why my boyfriend cheated on me. Niggas like you are the reason I won't let my guard down. You're the world's biggest asshole and to think I had a small crush on you last year."

I started walking off.

"Candice? Wait, I'm sorry."

"Aren't we all?"

I stormed off to class, sadly it's the one I have with him. This year we have four classes together; math, science, english, and elective P.E. When I walked into science Mr. Gordon told us to check the list on the bulletin board to find out our project partners. I walked over to the bulletin board and scanned my name.

Jessica Sider - Randy Frazier

Zachariah Jones - Alexia North

Jamel Collins - Marley Donahue

Dinah Tolbert - Robert Chambers

Candice Woods - .....

Aww fuck me. Carlos Reynolds. Really Jerry? I walked to my desk and slammed my stuff down. Mr. Gordon looked up from what he was doing and glared at me. I glared at him in return.

"Ms. Woods what seems to be the problem!?"

"I can't work with Carlos Reynolds, we don't get along."