Chapter Seven: Tired of the Shit

Candice's POV

It's been a month since Peyton left to go find his sister. I've talked to him three times, and I really miss him. I was at Carlos's house checking the mail and stuff. He hasn't called this month, which is a good thing for me. I straightened up his house a little. While I was fixing the pillows on the couch, I felt someone touch my shoulder. I turned around to see Carlos standing there smiling. Carlos?! OMG when did he get out?! I gave a small smile.

"Missed me?!"

"When did you get out?!"

"This morning. I got less time because the warden said I did community service for her."

"What did you do? Kitchen duty? Clean up?"

"No I slept with the warden."

"You what?!"

"I said I sl---"

"I heard you. Why would you do that? Don't you know you could have an STD?!"

"I shouldn't have told you."

"You know what?! I gotta go."

I started walking off, but he pulled me to him.

"Let me go Carlos."

"She had condoms, I'm not that stupid."

He stared in my eyes searching for something. I shook my head before snatching away from him.

"I honestly don't care what you do."

"Then why'd you get mad?!"

I grabbed my stuff and headed to the door, but I stopped and looked at Carlos.

"You're out so we don't have to communicate. That's what we both want."

"Candice that's not what I want."

"But it's what I want."

I left him standing there and I went home. My mom was sprawled across the couch drunk. She looked at me and sat her bottle down.

"Where were you Candice?!"

"A friends house."

"You out being a lil hoe?"

"No, why would you even ask that?!"

"You know something?! It's your fault Dante is dead."

"How is it my fault?"

"Because you were out hoeing around?!"

"But I wasn't, I was right there when he got shot, did you forget I was shot in the cross fire."

"Don't raise your voice at me."

"Lay off the alcohol."

She walked over to me and slapped me.

"I'm leaving and I'm not coming back."

"You little bitch, you need me."

"No, you need me."

I ran to my room and packed my stuff. As I headed to the door my mom sat on her knees crying and begging for me not to go. I put my stuff in the trunk and sat in the car crying. I tried calling Roman and got no answer. I wiped my tears and drove around for hours. I tried calling Rome again, but still no answer. I was getting sleepy, so I went to the last place I wanted to go. I knocked on the door and he answered within seconds.