Chapter Five: Introducing Peyton

"Mr. Davis Carlos started it."

"What the hell Candice!?" I yelled.

She just shrugged and Mr.Davis told her to step outside. Mr. Davis gave the we don't tolerate fighting speech, suspended Roman for five days and me for ten. DAMN man, wait until my P.O. find out. I walked out in the hall and saw Roman already gone, and Candice walking down the hall. I ran to her and stopped her.

"Why did you lie on me? This my third strike. I can get three to five years. That was some bitch shit, and to think I liked you. Man fuck you and that nigga Roman."

"You got me fooled, how you like someone, but ask them to set you up with someone they don't like."

"I don't have to explain myself to you, and how the hell was I supposed to know you didn't like the girl Candice."

"I hate you Carlos."

"That's fine and now I can't graduate, so I hate you too."

She stared at me and sighed, then she stood on her tiptoes and kissed me. It caught me off guard at first, but I kissed her back. DAMN what am I getting into?

"You want me to tell the truth. Carlos I like you and the reason I lied is because you asked me to set you up with another girl."

"Candice, the first day we met I told you I didn't do relationships and I mean what I said. If you can deal with an open relationship then so be it, but I'm not the type to just have one girl."

"You're an asshole. You're inconsiderate of the girls hearts you break. Carlos they might say they're fine and they know their lanes, but they're hurting on the inside. You don't care about nobody but yourself,  you inconsiderate egotistical obnoxious bastard."

"Is that how you feel Candice?" I asked with a smirk.

"So it's funny?!" She raised a fist and socked me in the mouth.

The taste of blood filled my mouth instantly. I gripped both of her arms and slammed her against the lockers. I was pissed that she hit me.

"What you gon do fuck boy? Hit me?! I want you to, I fight niggas to...Roman didn't beat your ass good enough, but I will." She stared at me and shook her head before saying that's what I thought. Who the hell said anything about hitting her. I don't hit females, I watched my dad beat my mom until she died three years ago. I like arguing with Candice. Maybe I should stop hoeing around and get with Candice, so we can argue and maybe have make up sex. I bet the make up sex will be bomb ass hell too. Damn. She started walking off until I pulled her back to me. I stared at her before leaning down to kiss her. She pulled away and slapped me then said, "No, you fucked up. Enjoy your time in prison." She sashayed away and her words hit me like a ton of bricks making me face reality. I sat on the floor with my back against the lockers. I don't have nobody, but my brother and he locked up for fifteen years because he killed that dude Donte. I been taking the fall for Dominic's stupid ass decisions for as long as I can remember. I'm the good kid, the athlete, and I had decent grades, but the streets raised me when my brother got locked up last year.

-After School-

I went home and removed everything of value to me before they came to get me. I changed my clothes to a tee and some sweats. I texted Candice asking her to keep an eye on my house and stuff. Lord knows I don't want to ask her, but she the only person I can ask since I have no one.

To Candice:

Aye Candice, can you do me a favor since you got me my third strike. Lord knows I don't wanna ask you, but you're the only person I could ask this. Keep an eye on my house and check the mail every week, I'll leave my keys in the backyard under the mat near the door. Don't lose it. I'll call the house every month to check on everything. Can I trust you to do that? Please?