Prologue

"Why? Why are you doing this Dad?" I whispered through blurry eyes. He tightened the strap around my ankles, smirking down at me.

"I knew you'd wake up soon but I would have thought you'd be asleep a little bit longer." He walked down the metal table I was led on and stared deep into my eyes. Who is this man I once called my father?

"Why Dad?" He cupped my cheek, still smirking at me. My eyes were wide with fright and trepidation.

"I'm going to need you to cooperate with me here, Milly." He said, double checking the bounds that were holding my wrists at my sides. "This may sting a little." His lip twitched, almost as if he was trying to stop himself from laughing.

I could feel a burn of tears behind my still blurry eyes. My head was pounding from the beating earlier.

Alcide. Brad. Ryan. Anyone?

My link wasn't working.

And then I remembered what happened.

My Dad reached over and put a gas mask over my nose and mouth. I tried to fight him off but I was strapped too tightly to the table. The smell of silver and wolfsbane entered my nostrils and throat as soon as he turned the gas on. A treacherous tear fell from my eyes.

"Please." I whispered one last time before my world slowly faded to black.