Chapter 3 - Michael

But even when the moon looks like it's waning...it's actually never changing shape. Don't ever forget that. ~ Ai Yazaw

~Michael's POV~

19:15
I took my team of shooters ahead of everyone else to set up before anyone else got here. I had complete faith in everybody here. They all had come a long way, physically and literally, and we all had something to fight for. If not for our own personal reasons, then for the world. We can't let the rogue's take Milly's power. Brad has been stressing to me for a while now, about all his nerves that he doesn't want to share with Milly.

Not because he doesn't trust her. He trusts her with every fiber of his being. He just doesn't want to put the same doubts he has in her mind. He knows the minute he slips and shows any weakness, it will make her falter and we can't have that. We are all strong because of her. She makes us all who we are today.

When I stepped down as Beta and Brad took over, I had my doubts at first. He was still so young but he had Milly and she helped him, encouraged him to do and be better. Milly always said that Brad was her rock but I don't think she realised that she was Brad's as well. They both idolised each other and pushed each other to become better, stronger people. I would go to the end of the earth for those two.

I signaled over to a group of my guys to go and position themselves on the first and second floors of the shops on the left, and another group on the right. This area was free of people but the smell of humans still hung in the air as they didn't vacate too long ago. I got my best shooters to get on the roof tops of the buildings. This way we had a better view of everyone and it was harder for the rogues to get to us. I set myself up with a sniper and an automatic on one of the buildings in the middle and had a bag with me with extra guns and spare bullets. I could sense Milly and her group getting closer to us. I shifted one of the handguns that were wrapped around my thigh so I could get a better grip on the sniper riffle.

We waited silently for everything to start. Using the link, I made sure all my guys were in position and ready. Using the scope, I looked in the distance and saw a large group of people walking towards us. Milly and her group were slowly making their way into the middle of the town and spreading out through the buildings and into the woods that surrounded us. I kept my focus on the group of rogues that were charging at us, some in wolf form, but most of them staying in their human forms.

I hated to admit it, but they looked threatening. I was almost surprised at how many there were. The wind changed and we all got a sharp smell of rogue's which basically just smelt of dirt and death. How was there still so many of them after all the ones we have killed?

Looking through the scope, some of them have clocked some of us hiding in the shops and I knew they'd charge straight for us as soon as someone shouted go. Towards the front of the group I noticed someone almost... Hiding? He was moving in a way that was different to everyone else, almost like he didn't want to be seen or his scent to be in the air. I raised my eyebrow at him. Who is this man?

They all stopped a few meters away from our group and one of them started talking to Milly. Do they know each other? I stopped paying attention and was looking through the crowd of rogues. Some of them looked like they didn't want to be here, some looked too young to even be here and some had a crazy look in their eye, like they wanted nothing more than to rip our hearts out. I felt the atmosphere shift so I tuned back into what was going on.

"Dad?" I heard Milly breathe out. Dad? What? I thought her dad died years ago in a car crash??

Listening back into the conversation, I could sense everyone's unease and confusion over this revelation. I wanted to look at Milly to make sure she was okay but I'd have to shift myself completely and I didn't want to bring any attention to myself.