Chapter 24 - Milly

With freedom, books, flowers and the moon, who could not be happy - Oscar Wilde

~Milly's POV~

16:30
"It's all over now, old man." Ryan said, looking deep into our fathers eyes, ripping his hand out of his chest. He howled in pain and very quickly it turned into a gargle then his body went limp. Alcide and I remained frozen, looking at his body with wide eyes. Did that really just happen? I blinked a few times to make sure what I was seeing was real.

"You did it." I mumbled, my eyes going wide. "You really killed him." I couldn't tell if I was happy or not about his death. He was really dead? Just like that? This is finally over? After all this, he's finally dead?

"Is it finally over?" Alcide asked, falling back on his hands.

"I guess so." Ryan said, dropping our fathers heart onto the floor. I looked up at Ryan, our eyes saying the same thing. We were happy he was gone after all the pain he had caused but he was still our father. I swallowed the lump in my throat. He's really dead.

"What's happening outside?" Alcide ask, tilting his head to the side. I turned my attention to what was happening outside. All the fighting had stopped, the rogues changing back into their human form asking what was going on, begging not to be attacked.

"The fighting's stopped!" I gasped

"What?" Ryan asked. We were just about to move but he doubled over in pain, shouting out in surprise.

"Ryan, what's going on?" I rushed over to him in a panic. He hissed through his teeth when I touched him.

"Milly what is it?" Alcide asked, coming over.

"I don't know, I'm going to try and tap into his head." My heart started pounding in my chest, please don't make me lose my brother as well! I rested a hand on his shoulder and tapped into his head. I could feel all the pain he was in and it was making me nauseous. Come on Ryan, what's happening to you?

His pain vanished quickly and his mind went to the same place I saw our mother. Everything was white around up but this time it was slightly smoky. I could feel Ryan's confusion at not knowing or understanding where he was.

"You will pay for what you've done." He looked around, trying to find where the voice was coming from

"Bite me, bitch." A male voice growled back. The voices were getting closer as they talked.

"Gladly." She replied. An almost screen like view popped up in front of us. It was a girl that looked like Me and a man that looked like our father. This looked like one of my previous reincarnations. She had a hand around our fathers throat and without thinking about it, ripped it out. Straight away my look-a-like hunched over in pain, holding a hand over her heart. She fell to the floor and within a few seconds, her lifeless eyes looked straight at us.

The image flickered and changed to another scene. It still looked like me and our father but this time, it was a different timeline. They fought each other for a few minutes before she got the upper hand and got him in a headlock. All the times I got to go back in time and see all of our past selves fighting and not once did I ever get to see how it ended? Why?

"Time to say goodnight." She whispered in his ear, then snapped his neck. His lifeless body fell to the floor in a heap. The blue wolf smiled to herself, but again, her body hunched over in pain and she died. We watched scene after scene of our previous selves fighting, the blue wolf killing him and her dying anyway.

"Hello Ryan," He jumped at the voice that spoke next to us. When he registered who it was, he growled and crouched down ready to attack. They raised their hands in defence and looked down as a sign of respect. "I'm not here to fight you, I'm here to talk."