Chapter 20 - Milly

In the calm, deep waters of the mind, the wolf waits ― F.T. McKinstry

~Milly's POV~

14:00
We met midair, both our claws and teeth elongated. Probably the only wolves in the world that had the strength and self-control to only part transform were in this room right now. I bought my claws down on his shoulder, but he shook me off and flung me over his body. I skidded to a holt, rolling around to face him again.

"I knew something was off with you when I saw you with white hair. Your powers are even more different now. What happened to you dear daughter?" He asked, his eyes narrowing at me.

"Nothing to concern yourself with." I growled at him, charging at him again. We met in the middle of the room again, me trying to kick him in the stomach but he dodged. Alcide came up from behind him, trying to get him in a headlock but missed. I hate to admit it but my father was quick. Alcide's eyes were black, not losing sight of my father for a second. The three of us were stuck in a fight, not a single one of us losing. We managed to get a few hits and cuts on my father but his speed was matched with ours. Every punch or kick we threw at him he managed to block or dodge.

Alcide sent me images of how we can attack him together to hopefully get the upper hand. We both jumped on him at the same time but he saw that coming and jumped up himself, kicking us both in the chest and sending us flying. Alcide got slammed into the wall, making a huge dent with debris falling all around him. My back got slammed into the corner of his desk, making me shout out in pain.

"Nice try but your team work isn't going to be enough to take me down." My father growled, walking over to me and picking me up by the throat. "You get too cocky daughter. Even with whatever new powers you've unlocked, you won't be able to take me on." He growled, squeezing my throat tighter. My legs started to try to kick him off whilst I tried to pry his hands off my throat. Black dots danced in my vision. I felt irritation rise in me. Not again. I can't lose to him, not this time. All of a sudden, he let go of me and screamed out. Alcide had hit him over the head with a glass object.

"You okay?" Alcide asked, picking me up and inspecting my throat, whilst putting more distance between us an my father.

"Yeah." I rasped; I could already feel myself healing the bruises. Alcide touching me made me heal quicker as well which was handy. We both turned to face my father. He touched the back of his head and looked at the blood on his hand.

"You will pay for that!" He roared. He took a few deep breaths and I swear with every breath he grew in size. Alcide instinctively shielded me behind him. The aura my father was giving off was a deadly one. The atmosphere in the room changed to one of pure anger and death. I felt all the hairs on my skin stand on end. My whole body was screaming at me to get Alcide and I out of here and run as far away as possible. The malice in the room intensifying with every second.

"What the-" Alcide cut himself off as my father lunged at us. We both dodged him, rolling away. I looked up at my father, my eyes going wide. The only way to describe what we were seeing is lycanthrope. Half wolf, half human form. He was towering over Alcide's six-foot five frame with glowing red eyes. His muscles were bulging and twitching, we could hear the snap of his bones as they reformed to make him a giant wolf on hind legs.

"How is this possible?" I asked, my eyes going wide.

"I've no idea." Alcide mumbled, not able to take his eyes of my father. I slowly shook my head side to side. No, this person, this being, is not my father. The reason why I failed on the battle field is because I always referred to him as my father. That's keeping the attachment there. That's my brain still associating him with being my dad. I can't do that anymore. We need to kill him. Especially if he's gone so far as to turn himself into a lycan? How is that even possible? I clenched my fists.