Chapter 6 - Amelia, Stacey & Danny

The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to. ~ Carl Sandburg

~Amelia's POV~

00.30
I drifted the car around the corner, Jade one of the other pack wolves, shooting down rogue's as I swung the car around the corner.

"Jesus Amelia, a little lighter on the break, please!" She growled, frustrated. I just ignored her and carried on swerving in and out of buildings. I hit the break hard when a pack wolf came tumbling out with a rogue wolf on top of him.

"Fuck!" Jade screamed as she went flying in the back seat.

"Got 'em" Fred said, who was standing in the car, using the sunroof to shoot his automatic. The rogue dropped dead, freeing the pack wolf that was under him. The wolf looked at us, nodded then limped off going back into the fight.

I clenched my jaw shut, hearing my teeth crack. My eyes started to burn with unshed tears. Why did this have to happen?

"Amelia, move!" Brandon shouted at me from the passenger seat. I swallowed the lump in my throat, shifting gear then taking off again, Jade, Brandon and Fred shooting rogue's as we drove past. I stuck to just outside the main fighting area, making sure no rogues got away and to make sure no humans would be coming close.

I could smell burning from the clutch so I eased my foot. Now was not the time for the car to throw a hissy fit. A wolf got thrown out in front of us making me swerve the car and come to a stop.

"I thought you were meant to be good a driver?" Jade growled, picking herself back up from the floor.

"Bite me, Blondie." I snapped at her. The wolf that landed in front of us wasn't getting back up. I opened my door to get a better view of them.

"Get back in the car Amelia, we need to go." Fred said, repositioning himself and his gun.

"But..." My eyes started to tear up again. The wolf wasn't moving. I turned around sharply, climbed back into the car and took off again.

Please, please let this be over soon.

~Stacey's POV~

19:30
We were currently on our way to the battle field. I could feel my whole-body trembling with nerves. I didn't want to die but this had to be done. They had to pay for what they have done to us.

'Hey,' A voice came through the pack link, making me jump. 'It's going to be okay. You don't have to do this you know. You can go back if you want to.'

'No. I want this to end. They killed my brother.' I said back to the blue wolf. My pack came here as soon as our Alpha got a call from her. Our pack had continuously been attacked by rogue's and they had killed many of us.

'If it gets too much for you at any point, you can leave. I'm not going to force you to stay.'

'Thank you, your majesty.' I couldn't think of anyone better suited leading us into battle. As soon as we passed the territory line for Alpha Alcide's pack, I felt her strength and power. When I first laid eyes on her, I knew straight away that if she ever asked me to do anything, I would do it in a heartbeat. My wolf would die for her if need be, no questions asked. I knew everyone else felt the same way. This sense of loyalty to her was the strongest I had ever felt, even more so than towards my Alpha. If it came down to either Queen Milly or my Alpha, I would choose her in a heartbeat.

When we arrived to the little town, I was in the middle of the group. My nerves were still out of control but my heart was set on taking them down. My twin brother died in a rogue attack seven months ago and I've been wanting to get my revenge ever since. I could only just make out what was being said at the front lines but I could smell the rogues from here. My nose twitched at the scent. I felt the shock go through everyone when we found out the leader was Milly's dad.