Epilogue

Once upon a time, the moon love the sun. Until... The end... - Renata Suzuki

I stepped out the shower and wrapped my towel around me. I whipped my hand across the mirror and looked at my reflection. A whole week had gone by since my father died and I still wasn't used to looking at myself with white hair. I sighed, looking away and opening the door. I quickly died myself off, leaving my hair to dry naturally, got dressed then made my way downstairs.

"Morning Your Majesty." A few wolves bowed to me as I walked past. I smiled at them. I had tried to tell people to just call me Milly but they all insisted otherwise. It was a shame to say I was used to being called Majesty by now.

I was dreading today. Now that everyone had mostly healed, all the wolves are going to start leaving and heading back to their own territories. I liked having all of us wolves together in a tight knit group. I liked being all one big pack. It felt... Right. Yesterday I broke the main pack link. When we all went to the first fight, I connected everyone so we were all one big pack. A little part of me broke inside having to separate the pack link between wolves but I knew it had to happen at some point.

It did cause a few arguments though. Some wolves didn't want things to go back to how they were. All living separately, all across England. They liked living together in one big group like me. I took it upon myself to make the decision to have Alcide's pack as an open pack. If people wanted to stay and live together as one big pack, they could, including the rogues that were left behind. We could expand the territory and have more people living here. I would have thought my reply would have surprised Alcide and maybe even caused an argument but his response is what surprised me.

He told me it's not his pack anymore.

He said it's mine.

I am now the Alpha of the Eclipse pack.

Me.

I laughed at first. Me, the Alpha? Ha! But after the blank look he gave me, I knew he was serious. Typically, Alpha's are always male. We don't know why, but they are. Alpha's first born's are always male. Just like very, very rarely are there any homosexual wolves. We think it's all about passing on your genetics and carrying on your bloodline to make more wolves. Whatever it is, it's a stupid rule. When Alcide decided that I was going to be Alpha, we had to let the council know. We thought that was better off for a conversation to have with them today as they were getting ready to leave so they couldn't do anything about it. If I know the council like I do, they are definitely going to have something to say about it.

"You off then?" I asked Alpha Tony, watching him pack his last suitcase in the boot of the car.

"Yes, I'm afraid so. Thank you for your hospitality Alpha Milly."

"No need to thank me, Alpha. I should be the one thanking you."

"I'm just sorry I didn't take you more seriously when you first called."

"It's all over now, a thing of the past." We both looked at his pack members getting into their cars. Some of them looked relieved to be going home, but I noticed and odd few that had a look of longing in their eyes. "Twelve members." I stated, still looking at everyone.

"What do you mean?" He asked, looking down at me.

"You lost twelve pack members, didn't you?" I looked up at him. His eye widened in surprise.

"Yes, yes I did."

"I'm sorry. I know it's all my fault and there's nothing I can do to bring them back but... I'm sorry." I trailed off.

"Hey, it's not your fault you know. It was Boone or Nicholas, or whatever he was called. He started this and it was all because of him. We happily put our lives on the line and we'd do it again."