Chapter 19 - Milly

Be both soft and wild. Just like the moon. Or the storm. Or the sea. —Victoria Erickson

~Milly's POV~

08:00
"What the-" I heard my father's voice as we stepped out the elevator. "What the hell happened to her hair?" He asked coming over to my limp body.

"No idea Sir, she was like that when we went down there."

"Alright. Put her in her room." He replied. I could tell that we were on the second floor in the house. Now that I was higher up, I could sense more things in the house. We moved further down the corridor, then I heard a door open, then a few seconds later they placed me on the bed.

"Do you really think she can't get out?" I heard one of the guys ask.

"I don't know. We have wolfsbane pumping into this room though so it should stop her strength." Another guy replied.

"Speaking of which, let's get out, I can feel it starting to burn." They all promptly left the room, locking the door behind them. I sat up in the bed and looked around. It looked just like a normal room to me. There was an air vent above the door that was pumping through wolfsbane. Again, still not enough to affect me. I looked over at the large windows. They had been bolted shut and there were metal bars screwed in from the outside. I'm guessing they were made of silver to stop anyone escaping. I wanted to get up and look around but I could sense there were still a few people outside my door, my father being one of them. If I made any noise, he'd know I was awake and the tranquilliser didn't work.

I can't let them know I have my powers back.

Whatever I do, I have to stall them until Alcide is nearby. I had no idea how far away from the pack house we were so it could take them hours to get here. As long as they don't try to take any blood or anything from me, I should be able to hide the fact that my powers are back. From the little view that I could see out the window from where I was, where ever we were there was a massive space of land. Hundreds of yards of empty fields.

"Have you found anything in the blood samples yet?" I heard my father quietly ask someone. If I was a weak as I was when I first woke up in the cell, I wouldn't have been able to hear this conversation.

"Not yet boss, we're still running some tests. We had to separate the silver and the wolfsbane before we could do anything and that took some time." My father growled at their response. I heard the sound of flesh hitting flesh.

"I don't want excuses, just hurry up and finish!" He shouted at them.

"Yes Sir." They whimpered, then ran up the stairs by the lift.

"I want you two to stay here. She should be out for about another hour or two. If you hear anything, contact me straight away." My father growled at them before leaving. I could smell their fear from in here.

Is that how he controls his people? With fear? Some leader he is.

I made myself comfy on the bed and spent my time opening up my senses to work out what exactly is going on here. I went into each room one by one, getting a feel of who was in what room and what they were doing. From what I could tell, there were about thirty rooms on each of the five floors except for the ground floor and basement levels. This floor and the one below seemed to have someone in every room. They all seemed to be female as well. They all smelt of fear and disgust. I could tell they had wolfsbane pumping into their rooms as well. All along the corridors, there were rogues patrolling, making sure nobody left their rooms.

A few of the rooms, rogues were in. I'm guessing they were taking advantage of the women. It must have been early morning as some of them sounded like they were just getting up to start their day. These women would be the first ones I save, the wolves in the dungeons can wait. I'll also see to it that the rogues that took advantage of them will be the first ones I kill.