Chapter 8 - Lucy

Yours is the light by which my spirit's born: - you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.
― E. E. Cummings

~Lucy's POV~

15:40
Alcide was very honest and up front with us with what had happened and what our plan of action was next. Which is - there isn't one. Brad filled me in on what happened on the walk over to the pack house and I told him about my vision. After Alcide dismissed everyone and told us to go and rest, with strict instructions to not leave the pack house, Brad and I followed him to the infirmary.

He sat on the chair next to his dads' bed and held his hand. Alcide looked like shit. He was pale and shaky. I could see the beads of sweat forming across his forehead and his eyes were slightly wider than normal. I can't imagine the anguish he's going through. To not only have his only family member left in the hospital but to have also lost his mate with no idea where she was. I felt my heart break for him in that moment.

"Alcide, sorry I know this isn't a good time but Lucy had a vision." Brad said quietly, walking more into the room. He looked over between the two of us and raised his eyebrows.

"I forgot about that. What happened?"

"I went back into the past, I think. I don't know it was weird. There were women stood around a fire chanting something. Milly was there but it wasn't her,"

"What do you mean?"

"I called out to her but she shook her head at me. The people around the fire... They called me witch of the future." I paused.

"That makes sense, please continue." Alcide encouraged. I raised my eyebrows at his comment but continued none the less.

"They kept saying to tell the blue wolf to use her necklace, over and over again. Then they all dropped down dead and when Milly, or her look-a-like turned around she was holding the necklace that she always wears." Alcide was quiet for a few minutes. I could almost hear the cogs in his brain working.

"That all makes sense except the part where they say to get her to use her necklace. What do they mean by that?" He started mumbling to himself.

"Alcide, is there something you aren't telling us?" Brad asked, squeezing my hand a bit harder.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah I guess there is something we may have forgotten to tell you." He dragged a hand down his face, suddenly looking ten years older. " We didn't know for certain which is why we decided to never say anything. Milly and I spoke to the council about the blue wolf. We needed as much information as possible. It turns out that Milly's necklace has the souls of witches in it which help enhance her power. Witches were believed to be killed a long time ago but the fact that you get visions made us think you have witches' blood in you." My eyes widened in surprise. Witches blood?

"And you didn't think it was worth letting us know?" Brad snapped at him. I squeezed his hand and tugged him back slightly.

"It's okay. I get it. There was a lot going on at the time, you had other things to worry about and you weren't a hundred percent certain it was true." I said, smiling slightly at Alcide. His face relaxed slightly. I could see the deep, dark circles under his eyes with a slight defeated look about him. I let go of Brad's hand and walked over to him. I put my hand on his shoulder in reassurance.

"She's going to be okay; you know. It's Milly we're talking about." He looked up at me with a sad hope glimmering in his eyes. Next thing I knew, he wrapped his arms around my waist in a hug. I hugged him back letting him lean on me. After a few seconds he let me go.

"Sorry." He mumbled, looking back over at his dad.

"Why don't you go have a shower and then get some sleep? You've had a long day." Brad said. He came over to Alcide and crouched down in front of him.