Chapter 12 - Sax

I watch how the moon sits in the sky in the dark night, shining with the light from the sun, and the sun doesn't give light to the moon assuming, the moon's gonna owe it one - Linkin Park

~Sax's POV~

07:15

When I woke up again, I felt even groggier than the last time. My head was pounding and my throat was dry. I could feel my body getting weaker. I needed food. Or water at least. The wolves were all awake, talking amongst themselves trying to come up with a plan.

"None of this is going to work unless we can find a way to stop the gas." Gavin said.

"Well obviously, but we need a plan from A to Z, covering every possible outcome for when we can get out. Our main problem is the wolfsbane and sleeping gas they're pumping through and we can't do anything until we stop it so that should be the last thing to discuss." Ryan snapped back.

"It's the hardest task so we should tackle it first!" Gavin snapped back at him.

"Or I don't know, maybe you both shut up and stop wasting your time arguing, then we might actually get somewhere." I said, deadpan.

"Sax, you're finally awake." I heard Ryan come closer to my side of his cage.

"Yeah, think your arguing pulled me out, so silver lining to all the bickering." I replied sarcastically.

"Well, now that you are awake, we can pick your brain to come up with an idea on how to get the fuck out of here." He said.

"Yeah I have a few ideas but I don't think any of them would work." I replied, standing up and stretching.

"We're all ears man." Ryan replied. I walked over to the bars and felt them again, checking out the strength of the silver.

"Have any of you ever seen the film Shanghai Noon?" I tried to bend the bars but they wouldn't move.

"You mean that old movie with Jackie Chan?" Ryan asked making me scoff.

"It's not old. And yes, do you remember the bit where him and Owen Wilson are trapped in the jail?"

"Kinda?" Ryan trailed off. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Wait I think I understand what you're getting at." Samuel said.

"Finally. A man after my own heart." I laughed.

"Wait, what are you guys talking about?" Rose asked.

"Someone's got to pee on their clothes." A new voice piped up. They were in the cell opposite me. We were all silent for a second. We had been trapped down here for a long time. They've turned the sleeping gas on twice now and I'm guessing by how hungry I am, we've been down here for about two days now. The stench was getting a little much. However, whoever was locked away opposite me always stayed quiet. I was starting to think no one was even there.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked them.

"Jonny." They replied in a bored tone.

"Jonny? Jonny is that really you?" Rose asked, sounding almost relieved.

"Yeah Rose, it's really me."

"Thank god. Do you know where your Dad is? Is Alpha Gray here anywhere?" She asked, getting almost hopeful.

"I don't know Rose; I can't see through walls." I could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"Jonny, I swear to fucking god, we really don't need your fucking narky attitude right now." She growled back at him.