Chapter 13 - Milly

As if you were on fire from within, the moon lives in the lining of your skin - Neruda

~Milly's POV~

23:30
When I became aware of my surroundings, the first thing I noticed was how much pain my entire body was in. I moaned, trying to move but I felt so weak, so helpless. I've really got to stop waking up like this. It took me a while but I eventually managed to open my eyes. I had to blink a few times to clear the blurriness to see where I was. There was only one spot light in the center of the room, giving off just enough light for my weakened eyes to see. From what I could tell, I was in some kind of cell. It was made from cement except for one wall which was made from bars. I was almost glad that there was low lighting because my head was pounding. I tried to stand up, but found I couldn't.

"For fuck sake." I grumbled. My wrists were locked in cuffs and hanging above my head. I hung my head. How could I let this happen? It took me a second to realise my attire had changed as well. I could feel I still had my undergarments on; however, someone had taken off my leggings and t-shirt and replaced it with a hospital gown. Great. I leaned back against the wall trying to gather my thoughts. My head was just a big jumble of mess and the person playing the drums in my brain wasn't helping. I have never felt so weak and drained in my life.

I got a whiff of something in the air that almost made me cry. Wolfsbane. As long as they're pumping that in the air, I'll remain a weak helpless kitten. I wanted to growl, scream, punch something, but I couldn't. Just the thought of even standing up right now felt like too much of a chore. I moved to a more comfortable position, sitting with my legs out in front of me. Something on my leg caught my eye and when I leaned closer to get a better look, I gasped. The veins and capillaries had almost a silver glow to them as blood was pumping through. I looked at my arms to get a closer look and it was the same. It looked like there was so much silver in my blood steam, it almost turned my blood silver.

I felt my eyes burn. How could my own father do this to me? They probably put enough silver in me to sedate me for days but not quite enough to kill me. Catch twenty-two of being the blue wolf. Any other wolf would be dead with this amount of silver in their blood. I sighed deeply, feeling one of my walls slowly start to crumble. I tried to move position again, wanting to curl up into myself, but hissed in pain from the wrist cuffs. I looked at them again, my eyes going wide. My skin was a reddish colour, burning and blistering in some parts from the cuffs. They were made of silver and burning me? How is that possible? I also noticed some puncture wounds on the inside of my elbow. They injected needles into me? What is going on? I stared of into the distance, my eyes wide as tear after tear left my eyes.

What has he done to me?

My skin was impenetrable. Needles couldn't pierce my skin. Silver never hurt me. And now my body is broken and all in a matter of days? Has it been days? The concept of time had left me. I have no idea where I am or how long I've even been here. I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling a panic attack coming on. I reverted right back to the coward girl I once was. The scared little she-wolf that Brad and Michael found out in the middle of the woods. It took me years of building up my strength and self confidence in my abilities and my father has crushed it just like that.

'Five things you can see' I heard a voice in my head.

I opened my eyes and looked around. Metal bars. Cement cell. Hospital gown. Spot light. Metal chains.

'Four things you can touch'

I rubbed my fingers together. It felt a little strange from the lack of blood flow but I continued to do it. I moved my arms slightly to feel the metal cuffs. I shifted my shoulder to feel the gown on me. I moved my foot slightly to feel the cement floor. My breathing slowed down a little.