Chapter 17 - Ant

Always remember we are under the same sky looking at the same moon -Maxine Lee

~Ant's POV~

11:30
"How long until we get there?" Brad asked jumping out the car.

"We're about a mile away from the outside of the territory, so not far." Alcide replied, picking up a backpack and slamming his door shut. "Gather around everyone!" He hollered. When we were all stood around him, he went through the plan again. "So just to be clear. I'll hide everyone's scent. Brad, Michael and Ant, you go find where everyone else is, get all the hostages out, I'll go get Milly." The three of us nodded our heads at him.

"Everyone else, you stay low and quiet for as long as possible, you sneak up and take as many rogues by surprise as possible. Try not to let them know we're there until the four of us are close to the main pack house, that way you shouldn't be left fighting too long before back up arrives. Understood?" Everyone else nodded their heads at him. "Good. Bring the spare clothes so people can change at any point if needed. Try not to change into your wolf until you have to fight. You'll be quieter in human form and easier to hide. Right, let's go!"

We silently marched along, following closely behind Alcide. It was probably a good thing that where ever Nicolas's hideout was, it was far from the human population. The closer we got, the faster we were running, trying to hurry up and get there. I could tell Alcide was going slower for everyone else's sake but I knew he wanted to run ahead and get there as soon as possible. When we were a couple of minutes away, I saw Alcide smile out the corner of my eye. A few minutes later, he laughed to himself. I'm guessing he was mind linking with Milly. The smile on his face was enough to give that away. Just as we were on the edge of the territory, Alcide stopped and mind linked us.

'Milly said there's a main house and two smaller ones next to it. All the hostages are in the basement spread across two floors. I need you three to go and get them out first. There're also people here that they've taken over the years that are locked away, I need you to free them as well. Got it?' Brad, Michael and I nodded at him.

'The rest of you, stay low and hidden in the tree lines. I'll let you know when we're near the house and to attack.' Everyone gave their 'yes Alpha' then we moved. There was a few hundred yards of trees surrounding the entire territory, so we formed groups of four and five and spread ourselves out to surround them. Alcide said from the google images, there were a lot of building so just to be on the safe side we wanted coverage. When Alcide saved us on the battle field, there was only about seventy of us that made it. Some of the people that were in the caves first time round decided to come with us. Some of the older teenagers and some of the older people said they couldn't sit by and do nothing. As long as they were here to make a diversion and give the rest of us some time, they should be okay.

I knew everyone here didn't mind sacrificing their life though.

If it meant saving Milly, saving everyone, we'd all happily risk our lives for them.

I could sense everyone spreading out to the sides whilst the four of us got closer. I could see a few buildings that looked like warehouses dotted throughout with rogues mingling outside them. It really is handy that Alcide can cover our scents or else they'd know we were here by now. We got closer to the edge of the trees, still being silent and running around the perimeter to get closer to the middle.

'There's two rogues patrolling up ahead. Stay quiet, I'll take them out.' Alcide mind linked us. The next second he was gone. I heard a couple of thuds and then the sounds of bone breaking. A couple of seconds later, Brad, Michael and I saw Alcide putting two bodies up in the trees. 'Problem averted.' We carried on around and within less than a minute, we saw the house in the middle. There was two other building between us and them that we'd have to make it through. Alcide put his hand up to stop us and tapped his ear. He tilted his head and closed his eyes, concentrating on the path before us.