Chapter 18 - Lee

At night when the stars light up my room, I sit by myself talking to the moon - Bruno Mars

~Lee's POV~

10:05
We've been locked down here for two days. two whole days with no food or water. It was enough to send any wolf crazy. I was surrounded by people that were originally from different packs, so I didn't know them all too well. I knew my mate was here somewhere, I could feel it, I just didn't know where. I was going crazy not knowing if she's okay or not. Something was definitely happening though as the wolfsbane got turned off about five minutes ago. As soon as my wolf was no longer being repressed, I would talk to my mate.

Claire.

Just the thought of her was enough to calm me down. She was originally from the crescent moon pack. Crazy to think all those years ago if I just kept running west, over to the next pack, I would have found her sooner. It was a good job I found her when I did. It was nice being in a pack and having friends but my psyche still wasn't right from watching my parents get murdered. Well, thinking they got murdered. 

Milly said they were still alive, she saw them.

She showed me them.

God, I hope it's true. I miss them every day. We were lone wolves growing up. From what I remember my father was adopted, so when he transformed into his wolf, his adoptive parents kicked him out. It wasn't long after that he found my mum when he was walking through the woods and she joined him. The strength of the mate bond is incredible. If your mate wants something you have to give it to them, no matter what.

In my mind's eye I started picturing Claire. Thinking about the way her red curls flowed down her back and framed her face. Her wild green eyes sparkled when she looked at me. The seven little freckles that she had on her nose. I'm sure most people didn't even notice them, but I did. They were what made my Claire, Claire. I loved her petite little hands and the fact her fingers were short and stubby. She hated them but I found them nothing but adorable. I loved the little mole on the side of her neck, and I loved feeling her shiver underneath me when I kissed it. I loved the fact that she was so small. At five foot three, she was one of the shortest she wolves, but to me that was perfect. Her tiny frame made her brilliant red curls seem even more wild and free.

My best friend, Casey, use to wind her up and say she looked like Merida from Brave. I didn't know what he was talking about at first but after googling it and then forcing Claire to watch the film with me, I can confirm, she is like Merida from Brave. Feisty like her as well. Just minus the Scottish accent.

I did feel a little sorry for Casey though. So many people were finding their mates, with so many people being in the one place, but not him. He never mentioned if he was bothered by it or not but I could see the longing in his eyes when he would see mates together. Claire understood so we tried to refrain from being so touchy when he was around. I know when we go back to school and eventually finish, he's looking to go to a university elsewhere. He hasn't mentioned it but I think it's to find his mate.

I can't imagine what he's going through. Knowing you have a soul mate out there, somewhere, and seeing everyone else find theirs but not you? That's got to feel lonely.

Slowly as time went on, I could feel my wolf stirring. I mentally gave him a bit of a nudge to hurry the process along. When I could feel him practically waking up, I stretched my mind out to find Claire.

'You're not hurt anywhere are you?' I asked gently to her.

'Oh Lee!' I could tell she started crying.

'Shh, shh, you're okay. You're safe now.' I cooed her until she was able to get more of a handle on her emotions.

'Are you okay?' She asked.