II - Wireless Part 2

* a few drinks and about an hour later *

Josh had managed to help me stick all my negative thoughts in the back of my mind. Well, that and probably the alcohol. But I was enjoying myself having a laugh with my mates as we either joked about whatever we could talk about or sang along to the music like a band of idiots.

Tobi had finally returned after about an hour and half with whoever his mystery friend was. Freya and Gee both recognised her and went over to greet her. Tobi came over to us guys as all the girls huddled together a little bit away.

Harry: "Finally our Nigerian has returned from his trip across the border"

Tobi: Laughing with everyone "Oi Fuck you Harry I'm surprised you can even stand up straight"

Vik: "Don't be surprised, he can't"

Cal: "Who's the girl then Tobi"

All of us guys had kind of formed a circle as we caught up with Tobi after not seeing him for well nearly 2 hours.

Vik: "and where have you been, you left ages ago?"

Harry: "I thought you'd been trampled by elephants. I mean People, all the people down there, definitely the people!"

We all laughed again at Harry's jokes because he just looses his already pretty non existent filter after a while.

Tobi: "Nah I went to go find Talia, that's who she is. She's been here doing a brand deal all day and she only just got finished so I thought id invite her to come and hang out with us considering she already knows a few of the girls"

Josh: "I think Freya probably mentioned her at some point but I don't pay attention to all that gossip shit so I've probably forgotten"

I could hear the guys talking less than 2 metres from me but I couldn't help myself keep glancing over at this girl. Everything they said kind of became just mumbles as my eyes kept darting from them to her. Every now and again she would look over in our direction and I'd try to not stare and make it awkward but our gaze would meet every couple of seconds and then break as one of us returned to our respective conversations.

The next thing I knew Harry was jumping on top of me shaking me.

Harry: "Earth to the giant pale beanstalk can you hear me"

I burst out laughing with everyone else as I concentrated back on my friends

Vik: "He asked you a question Simon"

"hmmmm who?" I tried to concentrate and get back involved with reality

Tobi: "he-llo, are you all-right Si-mon?" He said like talking to an infant

Harry, cal and vik laughed, Josh looked me in the eyes knowing id faded off again, but this time he didn't look concerned, as if he knew it'd been for a different reason.

"Yea I'm good thanks Tobi, where have you been?"

Tobi: "I literally just answered that 5 minutes ago. are you sure nothings up?

Josh: "lets go get you a drink Tobi, I need another too and I'm sure Simon does as well" He says this looking at me signalling for us 3 to separate from the others

Cal, Harry and Chip had dragged Vik over anyways where they all just went mad. The Girls were all still talking as they went over to sit on one of the piles of beanbags near us. I noticed Talia and Freya glance over at us 3 walking to the bar a couple of times and couldn't help but return the looks at Talia. I didn't even know what I was doing or feeling. Like it was completely out of my control. 

I hadn't noticed but Josh had been summarising the conversation me and him had earlier for Tobi and now they both had stuff to say to me.

Josh: "Simon for fucks sake can you stay with us for 5 minutes please" he laughed and Tobi chuckled a bit with him

Tobi: Even though Josh had told him essentially all he needed to know about earlier, Tobi is a much better read of people "Simon, whats going on with you, I've never seen you more out of touch with reality, you good bro?"

"I don't even know anymore" I replied as honestly as possible

Josh: "Well I have a theory" He said confidently

"Well I can't even understand myself anymore so I'm all ears"

Josh: "I think that someone has forgotten about how he felt earlier and has something else on his mind"

Tobi: "Interesting"

"Do tell" I genuinely enquired 

Josh: "Tobi, who's the girl"

I couldn't even stop myself, My full attention was already dictated. I looked up almost immediately.

Josh: "I think we have found the answer"

Tobi: "Simon, come on man, you know we can talk about anything" 

"Bro, I can't even decide myself. It's as if I can't control myself"

While I had been out of the world, Josh had ordered us drinks. The bar tender put 2 bottles of cider and a non-alcoholic one on the bar in front of us. I turned around from staring into the orange sunset as the glass hit the counter. I got out my card this time to pay as the 2 of them took their drinks. 

Tobi: "Simon, are you interested in Talia?" He was blunt with it, but it needed to be

"Looks like I must be" I wasn't defensive about it, just agreed straight up.

We started walking back over, we headed for another load of beanbags a few metres apart from everyone else so we could keep talking. As we were about to sit down I heard all the girls including who I assumed was Talia, giggling. I looked over as I sat down and I felt them all glancing over at me. 

Were they talking about me like we were talking about Talia? No, don't get your hopes up Simon. They're just talking like girls always do. She can't be thinking about me.

As Vik retreated back to us from the idiocy of the other guys, I looked back over at the girls and Talia looked right at me. I somehow didn't even feel awkward. Our eyes just locked for only about a second but it felt like so much longer. 

Maybe...