XXII - "It was alright"

I woke with no bearing on Time, it was getting light out, meaning it was somewhere between 8am and 4 pm. Great job narrowing it down there. But I was in absolutely no rush, I had nothing planned until after Christmas. It made waking up thinking about my situation even better.

My eyes were open and I was awake, but I hadn't moved at all in those 2 minutes. I almost couldn't believe my life right now, what had happened last night, what had been the last few months. How the fuck. 

I stared at the ceiling, laying with my back on the bed. Talia was cuddled up to me as tightly as I think physically possible and my left hand rested on her back holding the duvet pulled up above her shoulders. 

It wasn't intentional but I shuffled slightly and this was apparently enough to wake up Talia, the thing I wanted to do least. She looked so peaceful sleeping.  

She looked up at me squinting her eyes as she adjusted to the light in the room, which wasn't a lot but I had left my blinds open slightly so the outside was lighting up the room a bit.

She smiled immediately when looking at me.

Talia: "Morning Simon"

"Morning, I really didn't mean to wake you" 

I felt bad for disturbing her sleep but she looked beautiful as always so it payed off for me at least.

Talia: "Don't worry about it" She smirked at me "This is a new thing for us" she bit her bottom lip.

"I thought this was normal for Tuesday nights?" I laughed

She laughed with me and hit me playfully. I grabbed her by both sides of the waist and moved Talia so she lay on top of me. She giggled as I did.

"What?" I played innocent

Talia: "I can't believe you" She smirked

"You aint complaining that much"

She couldn't think of a come back so I guess just conceded, she shuffled upwards a bit and our lips met in a tender kiss. 

Talia rested her head on my chest, apparently finding it more comfortable than she let on lying directly on top of me.

"yanno..." I paused thinking about what I was gonna say next

"Last night was probably the best night of my life" I said honestly

Talia: "It was alright" 

"Wowwww" I said in shock at her humorous reply. Even she couldn't contain herself laughing with no filter, jaw wide and all. 

"When you think you can have a little honest moment with your girlfriend but nooooo"

I think she might actually feel a little bad about saying what she did, her expression calming down and pouting a little bit.

"I thought I was meant to be the sarcastic one"

Talia: "awwwwww Simon don't be"

"nah nah" I said quickly in response pretending to be offended and acting as if I was going to get up

Talia: "No Simon I..."

I rolled her over so I was now lying over her, I kissed her passionately to stop her apologies for something she really didn't need to apologise for because I would do the exact same thing in a different scenario. She put her hands around the back of my neck and I placed my hands on her cheeks.

I broke away after a few seconds.

"Do I have to remind you of last night" I whispered in her ear as I went down and kissed her neck just like I did the night before.

Talia: in a whisper "oh my god"

I slowly stopped and moved my head back up to stare into her eyes

"remember now?" I said teasingly

Talia bit her bottom lip

Talia: "shut up Si" she kissed me first this time so I couldn't respond again. 

We both had smiles on our faces seconds later as the kiss ended and the momentum of the occasion slowed down

Talia: she whispered to me as our faces were mere inches away from each "Last night was amazing, and so are you Simon"

"You're amazing in every way Talia" I replied in a whisper too.

We exchanged one last brief kiss then she moved down to cuddle against my chest again. 

Both of us enjoyed the next few minutes in a blissfully silent room. I could almost hear both my own and Talia's heartbeat in the quiet. 

"Wanna get a shower then get some food? I haven't had anything since that bratwurst at the park yesterday and I'm starving"

Talia: "Used a lot of energy since then huh?" She teased again

"You need to calm down" I replied equally sarcastically making Talia laugh.

"Ill take a quick shower, then you can have one if you want and ill get you some random clothes you can wear"

Talia: "Sounds like a plan" She agreed

"Now for the awkward naked walk across my room as you get to stay comfy in all my bed sheets" I chuckled as I struggled to leave my bed

Talia: "yep" she smiled in response

I picked up my underwear from the day before thrown on the floor only a few steps away and stepped into them 

Talia: "that's cheating"

"resourceful" 

We both laughed as I disappeared into my bathroom.

5 minutes later I emerged with wet hair and a towel wrapped around my waist

"All yours miss Mar"

Talia: "Don't even start" she said defensively

She had gathered all her clothes from my floor and held them in a ball in her arms. All she had on was the plain black hoodie from last night. Goddamn she looked sexy.

I only had a towel on still so I went over to my wardrobe to grab some clean underwear, some basketball shorts and a long sleeve crest T-shirt. I straightened my bed after the activities of last night and threw my dirty clothes in a pile next to the bathroom door ready to go in my wash bin.

I grabbed out a random hoodie and some joggers that I knew would be wayyy too big for Talia but it was clothes and they were clean.

I heard the water from the shower stop after about 5 minutes and I got up from my desk chair after scrolling through Twitter for a bit.

I knocked on the bathroom door and slid the folded clothes through the gap I made from slightly opening the door. 

Talia: "thanks Simon" she said swiftly taking them and I closed the door

She emerged no less than 2 minutes later with my hoodie on and holding the joggers.

Talia: "thanks but theres not even any point me trying to act like they'll fit in any way" she laughed

"You look really cute in my hoodie yanno" 

Talia: "I think I look a lot more like that monkey from the fun house now" 

"You're beautiful"  I said honestly giving her a quick peck

Talia: "Simon...ummm, I really meant what I said. Last night was amazing"

"it was alright" I got her back 

She laughed as I knew she would. I just smiled at her.