III - Wireless Part 3

We all hung around til the end of the current act on stage, I couldn't tell you who it was if you held a gun to my head. This whole time I've just been in my own mind trying to figure out what the hell I'm thinking.

Cal: "Guys, who want to go to a casino or something, I wanna watch Harry be a complete and utter idiot thinking he's a God at Blackjack. 

Harry: "I am what are you on about"

Everyone laughed as he was barely able to figure out which finger he needed to unlock his phone to call a cab. Katie had to steal his phone off him in the end and unlock it for him.

Tobi: "Simon, come here" he called for me as everyone grabbed their bags and anything else they had thrown around that we needed to take with us.

I spun around on the spot to find where he had called from, I went past Josh picking up both his and Freya's stuff to find Tobi with Freya and Talia talking behind him. 

Tobi: "Talia, this is..."

Harry: "CALFREEZY" he yelled while running past before Tobi could even finish his sentence. 

Cal and Chip both laughed realising why Harry had yelled that.

Tobi: "You got some hypersensitive hearing when your off your head Bog you know that."

He walked off over to Harry leaving me with Freya and Talia.

Somehow through my laughter covering up what a fool that made me look like ( no offence Cal ) I managed to clear my head for the first time that day and get some words out

"Hey Talia, right? I'm Simon"

Talia: "Doesn't sound like it" she replied trying not to laugh at Harry's remark

Freya: trying to repress her laughter "Nah, on a real babe this is Simon, He's a YouTuber like Josh or Tobi"

Talia: Finally getting over the joke "Hey Simon, Yea I'm Talia" She said it with a smile and it made me feel at a loss for words.

 Id been trying to think about how I felt or what to do about talking to this girl for the last hour. Now I'm talking to her and I can't think of anything to say.

Freya: Trying to get through the awkwardness "I dunno if Tobi told you Simon, Talia's been here with a brand all day so we thought she could hang out with us all"

Josh: "Freya!" He called over to get her to go over to him

Freya: "Ill be back in a minute"

It was just the two of us now, Both standing across from one another. I didn't know what to do. I needed to start a conversation soon or this is gonna get really awkward really fast. 

She broke the silence, something I wasn't expecting.

Talia: "So what the Deal with the Calfreezy name joke"

"Oh god so for years now people have said I look like another Youtuber called Calfreezy. He lives with Cal and Harry. The only things people really say why we look similar is because we are both tall and have similar colour hair"

How did I just do that. I just, WHAT. Words just happened.

Talia: "I mean you are tall compared to everyone else here so"

"What who said that, where? oh you're down there, hello Talia I didn't see you"

She slapped by arm lightly and laughed. 

Right then I finally started to Notice why I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked incredible. Anywhere I looked and I could see her, my eyes were drawn. 

"Tobi said you've been here all day working? I know people said about going off somewhere but do you want a drink before and we can get a cab after to meet up with them?"

Why did I just say that. You've been speaking to her for 2 minutes and ...

Talia: "Sure Simon, ill just tell Freya ill be a bit later"

She kept looking at me for a second as she started to walk away. I stand still. locked on the spot. Did she just say she wanted to...WHAT. How the fuck have you managed that Simon. How have I managed that. 

I finally turn around and head towards Josh and Tobi. Most of the others have already started walking out the park to get to cabs.

Tobi and Josh are both ready to go but come over to me.

Tobi: "Well?"

"What do I have to say, We're gonna stay here and get a drink. Text me where you go and we'll meet you there in a bit"

Josh: In his weird kinda bad Russian accent "Go get the pretty lady, We go to Casino"

We walk over to Freya and Talia. Freya grabs Josh's arm and go to leave.

Freya: "Have fun you two" She says teasing

"Shall we?" I ask

Talia: "We shall"

I Don't know what to do with myself. Simon just think. Don't say anything stupid, don't be awkward just try to have a normal conversation.

In the poshest voice I could possible imitate I then blurt out "This way please Miss Talia"

What did I just freaking say.

She laughed though. 

Talia: Playing along "Why thank you Mr?"

"Minter, Simon Minter"

WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE DOING

Talia: "Mr Minter, Sounds Cute"

Is that a good thing or a bad thing. Cute. WTF is that supposed to mean.

"And miss, you would be?"

Talia: breaking the dumb charade, thank god "Well everyone calls me Talia Mar, But my names actually Natalia Margaret Haddock. So yea, thats me"

"Well shall we get that drink we said about miss Talia Mar, actually I'm gonna have to drop this now, I can't keep a straight face anymore" 

She laughed again as we made our way over to the bar. It was the evening now, there were more people, it was louder but fortunately for us the VIP area was still pretty quiet.

We got drinks at the bar and went over to a quiet area out of the way of everything. 

I couldn't believe what was happening. 

I was having a drink at Wireless with probably the most beautiful girl in the world, and she might actually be into me.