IX - Ride home

I had left Talia's house about 10 minutes ago, But it really didn't feel like that long. All I could think about was Her. It was just pure happiness. I almost didn't believe that it had just happened, That what I was feeling wasn't real. But it was. I couldn't hide how I felt and didn't want to.

What felt like a very short amount of time leaning against a brick wall of a pub car park while staring into space later, Josh pulled up to the curb in his R8. I ducked down uncomfortably low to climb into the passenger seat. 

"Fucking hell I forget how low it is to get in here"

Josh: "Its your fault for being too fucking tall"

"cheers for coming to get me"

Josh: "It's alright, but My question is though...Well actually I have several" 

I knew this would probably happen, and knowing Josh, he would start simple with an off topic conversation then ask about what he really wanted to find out about.

"Go on then" I invited

I closed the door and put on my seat belt. Josh pulled away and the Engine of the R8 echoed through the car.

Josh: sarcastically pretending to be frustrated "Why did you drag me out of the house at half 10 to come get you, you lazy bastard. Call an Uber" 

"I did, now any more BS and I wont rate you well" I laughed

"Nah, I actually don't know why I got you to come get me, just the first thing that came to mind I guess"

Josh: "Well thanks for thinking of me but next time I wont be coming"

"Fair enough"

Josh: "Second question, why the fuck do you look like a 6 year old just got gave some sweets"

I laughed thinking about my response "And why would you know what that expression looks like Josh? "

Josh: "Vik didn't close the attic door once while he was 'working' "

"Fair enough too" We both Laughed, a Vik joke never goes amiss.

Josh: "I take it, things went well then?"

"Yea, it went alright" I answered, underplaying my feelings about tonight

Josh: "I know you're an awkward one, but you can give me more than that"

He was right, He knew me as well as I knew he would ask me this

"It was great...She's great...I feel great...yea"

Josh: "you gonna give me anything specific?"

"Probably not" I chucked

"Nah, Dinner went well, we had a good time. Ummm she said she liked me and I said the same to her"

Josh: "what that you like you too, wowwww Simon, don't let your Ego out"

"Fuck you" I replied as he laughed at me and I joined in a bit "You know what I meant"

Josh: "Sounds like It went well then, Ill probably get a earful from Freya later about it and she'll ask me what you said" 

"Oh, well so instead of hearing it through her then, There was one pretty big detail I left out"

Josh: "Oh go on then, spill the tea as they say"

"Basically right as we said goodnight..." 

Do I have the self confidence to tell him?

Fuck it, I was right Freya would just tell him so why not tell him now 

"I kissed her"

Josh: "Ah so you got me to pick you up because she sent you packing, ahhh makes sense" He started laughing

I started laughing too. That was probably what should have happened considering my track record, but It didn't and now look at me, we wouldn't be talking about the night like this.

"Honestly Fuck you"

Josh: "Sounds like it Did go well then"

"Yeaaa, I think it did..."

I paused.

"Is it normal?"

Josh: "what?"

"To..yknow, like someone this much this soon?"

I just put how I felt out there, Josh was one of my most trusted friends so it made me nervous sure, but that was how I felt about most social situations, especially when it came to talking about me in any way, But I trusted him and knew he would be helpful

Josh: "Simon, you need to get over your self doubt all the time. Its completely normal. Would tonight have gone the way it did if she didn't mean everything she said to you?"

He had a point. About everything he said, it was pretty much spot on. But for me it was easier said than done.

"I guess she wouldn't" I sheepishly replied trying to convince myself more than anyone.

Josh: "and everything aside; regardless of Freya and anyone else. As your mate I don't want to see you get hurt. I would be straight with you if something was not right. I hear Freya say stuff all the time that's just gossip, If its important to someone I care about, I'm not gonna just let that hurt them"

It felt good to hear Josh say that. I think I knew that would always have been his outlook towards his friends, but hearing him say it to me made me confident it was right.

"Cheers mate, I just don't want to look like the idiot if I'm being too rash with how I feel"

Josh: "Don't worry about it"

We pulled into the driveway of The House. Josh pulled over to his 'spot' and parked. He got out and walked straight to the door to go inside. I got out and stood up straight, Then my mind was refreshed with thoughts of Talia. The smile that I had earlier returned.

I walked over to go into the house too. 

I should message her, Shit I just realised. Ill do it in 15 minutes. I don't want to do it too quickly. Actually in the meantime I can tell Tobi how it went considering he is the one I have to thank for meeting Talia. 

I walked through the door of the house, I closed the door behind me and as it closed my mind emptied again. I just had that feeling of happiness again, nothing else.