XXIX - "You said you weren't fighting"

Talia and I had gotten to the point in our relationship where staying over had become a regular thing so she was spending more and more time here at the Sidemen house. But we had just got back from Vegas a few days ago so she hadn't left her house since then. 

Jet lag was still a huge issue for me. Although, most people would actually be fine with how it was influencing my day. My watch ticked around to 12:30 AM and I was about to drop dead. Normally though, I wouldn't be going to sleep for another few hours. Talia however was normally going to sleep about now so I guess it kinda worked.

Talia was already tucked under my warm duvet and I was about to join her, If she'd let me have any of the covers that is. 

I did my normal routine before bed, sleeping my PC, brushing my teeth and getting undressed.

It was kinda cold in my room so I tried to get into bed as fast as possible, but what would normally be a straightforward act was made unusually hard. I felt an odd sharp pain on my right side as I twisted my body onto my mattress. I involuntarily exhaled sharply. 

Talia looked up from her phone quickly at the sound of my discomfort.

Talia: "Whats the matter?" She asked shocked and confused at what I was complaining about.

"I dunno" I said honestly. 

I was under the duvet now and I pushed it down to my waist to see what was up. 

"ARGH" I grunted after whacking the dark line wrapping around my side unintentionally. 

Talia: "Oh my God Simon" She quickly got up in bed which not gonna lie was kinda nice knowing she cared so much. 

Before I could even comment she was asking questions

Talia: "Simon how have you done that?" She was concerned 

"I guess I didn't beat Deji so easily" I chuckled trying to find the light side but Talia was confused and she looked back at me as such.

She didn't need to use words but she wanted an explanation to put her at ease, but I think it wont be what she wants to hear. 

I quickly realised that I hadn't told Talia anything about the Boxing ring downstairs or the fact I sparred Deji.

"Don't freak out...please" I really wanted her to not get upset, I think that was inevitable but I lost nothing trying.

Talia: Already becoming a bit emotional "Why should there be something f..for me to freak out about"

She slouched back and crossed her legs sitting in my bed. 

"Me and Deji sparred for a video, It wasn't serious at all. Talia. It was sorta just us trying to throw a half decent punch for 5 minutes..." I was telling her the truth but I think even the smallest details I was including was too much "...But I guess he got a good couple of shots in" I chuckled trying to be upbeat about it and brush it off.

 She couldn't hold herself together, as if id just thrown a rock at the sheet of glass that was her feelings.

Tears began to fall from her red, drowning eyes. It hurt me so much seeing her upset. Far more than my bruises. And I was the one who did it to her. 

"Talia" I said as I got up immediately and wrapped her in a hug.

She tried to cling onto me and just let herself cry.

Talia: "I don't want you to be hurt, I never want you to get hurt" She cried continually.

It shouldn't have, but it made me smile, knowing how she cared for me that much. 

I calmed my voice and tried to calm and reassure her "Talia...I'm fine" 

Talia: "You said you weren't fighting anyone"

I did. 

Talia: "...Ever"

She was right.

Talia: "And I never wanted you to. I never wanted..."

I had to cut her off. She was killing me, something i'm sure she didn't want

I put my hands on her cheeks and felt her tears land on my fingers, she placed her hands on mine and held them there.

"I never want to make you feel like this about me again...OK?"

"I don't want you to worry or see me at my worst" 

"I Love that you care, and Its Selfish, But Id rather it not be me feeling like this about you yanno?" I smiled at her and it made her mirror me, she did one better and let out a small laugh. "I don't think I could EVER, get through feeling like this for you. It'd kill me" My smile faded as small as it could without disappearing so she knew I was serious. 

I wiped her stubborn tears with my thumbs simultaneously and smiled wide at her. 

"I love you...yanno that Talia. Always."

Talia just kissed me and hugged my neck as tightly as she could so I couldn't leave. It was the only thing I ever wanted in life so I happily hugged her waist just as tightly.

Talia: Her voice was muffled into my neck "I love you so much Simon"

After a little bit of time in our hug. We both cuddled up in bed, she couldn't manage to separate herself more than a foot away from me so we were tangled together under the covers. She fell asleep first and her grip on me didn't loosen but I was perfectly comfortable with hugging Talia all night, so  I shortly followed and dropped.