IV - After Wireless

The Taxi pulled up outside this random casino that Tobi had sent me the address to. I got out and went round to open Talia's door, trying to be a gentleman to impress her. 

Talia: "Thanks Mr Minter" she said getting out of the Taxi

She looked right at me for a solid 3 seconds before she kept walking round onto the pavement.

"I thought we could have ended this earlier, don't start again" I said this with an ear to ear grin on my face, she read it instantly

Talia: "You clearly don't seem to mind that much, plus I think its Cute"

There she is with "Cute" again, Am I sure its a good thing. It doesn't sound sarcastic or anything. But what if...

She smiled at me as I looked up from paying the driver. I stopped questioning myself and I couldn't help myself get lost in every moment I was with her. I almost ran the 5 steps to get to her so I could be near her again. How had I managed to fall so hard for someone in just a few hours. 

We started walking and she linked her arm round mine as we headed towards the door. I looked down at her to my left and she looked back up at me. She had a terrific sparkle in her brown eyes as she smiled back.

As we entered the Casino and left the warm outside air of summer behind for the cool inside. I couldn't help but notice how warm I still felt with Talia wrapped around my arm. She wasn't holding on for dear life, but neither was she just resting her hand against my arm. It hoped it was because she wanted to be there, on my arm. I sure as hell wanted her next to me all the time.

Freya called out as she saw Talia and I walk a bit further through between the different tables. Gee and her both got up from the bar and came towards us. I spotted Tobi and Josh hanging out near a table as they watched Harry and Cal bet. 

Talia: Looking up at me, I looked back down at her. "I'll talk to you later Simon. I'm gonna go hang out with the gals for a bit."

I didn't wanna let her go, but started to think how clingy that is. Just play it cool I thought. 

"alright, ill come buy you another drink later"

She let go of my arm and walked ahead as I stopped. She broke eye contact with me, then  turned to walk off with Freya and Gee.

I watched her for a few more seconds. Could I really Like her this much. Does she like me back. I think she does. I felt like a kid, getting giddy over a pretty girl. 

Tobi and Josh clocked me after seeing Talia sit down with the girls at the bar. I went over to them and pulled another bar stool from a nearby table. 

"alright" I said, trying my absolute hardest to play it cool in front of my mates.

Josh: "You're terrible at hiding things Simon"

He was right.

"I don't know what your talking..."

Tobi: "Simon, how did it go?" 

"Y'know I think she likes me. And I know I like her. I just don't know, and I don't want to say anything or seem too clingy and look like the complete loser I am"

Tobi: "Simon, if you have to be someone you aren't she isn't worth it."

"I haven't been thinking this entire night. Words just seem to come out. When you all left I started making stupid accents and shit, I didn't even think. It just feels easy to talk to her."

Josh: "I mean that sounds alright. Well apart from you not being able to control yourself, you might wanna get a grip"

Tobi: "With how well I know her though, she seems happy."

"She keeps saying "Cute" and I have no idea how to take that, It sounds good on the surface but I think I'm over thinking everything in retrospective"

Tobi: "If Talia's saying cute, your all good, don't worry"

Harry: "Goddammit" He yelled as he lost the last of his money at Blackjack. "oh hey Simon, wheres that Talia chick, she didn't ditch you and try to find Calfreezy did she"

"Fuck you Harry"

Cal: "Guys can you go away, let me gamble"

The Girls had finished their drinks and were walking down towards us and the exit.

Freya: "Hey guys, we're gonna split a cab back home"

Talia came over to me and pulled me to the side a bit so she could talk to me alone

Shit what did she want to say, do I tell her anything?

Talia: "Simon I had a great time with you tonight. You'll have to owe me that next drink"

The other girls walked past us to the exit after saying their goodbyes to people.

"I had a great time too Talia" 

She pulled out her phone, unlocked it and told me to give her my number.

I put in my personal number in about 2 seconds, then i spent the next 10 pretending to type, thinking of something I could put my name as so I didn't have to be boring ass "Simon"

Freya: calling over "Talia the cabs here, come on"

"Done" I said quickly typing the last thing that came into my head 

She looked down and smiled, "Bye...Mr Minter." She looked me in the eye for a second, then ran after Freya.

Byeeeee I thought as I watched her leave, a smile still on my face.

My phone vibrated in my pocket for the first time that night as everyone who would be messaging me knew I was at Wireless.

I unlocked my phone and clicked the message

My smile was cemented across my face. I looked back up at the others and put my phone back in my pocket.

"Back to the house then?"