XII - Setup

September was over, another month had passed. Upload was sick, I got older again and we had just arrived back from Ibiza, We had been doing a lot of 'Secret project' filming for the Sidemen show that no one knew about. 

Now In October, Me and Talia had known each other over 3 months now and had been seeing each other casually for basically half that. It had been going so great with her. I had felt the happiest I had been, well pretty much ever. 

I had a bit of time to think things over when in Ibiza. Sure we were there to work but cmon, it was Ibiza, we had like 3 days where we didn't have to do anything so I had some time to think about what the fuck was actually going on, what I wanted and how I felt. Jesus that sounds fucking lame to say in my own head. 

I had never had a proper Girlfriend before or even been with someone seriously. But after talking about it with Josh, Tobi and I guess JJ was kinda helpful?, I wanted Talia to be the person to take that leap of faith with. I liked her so much and all I wanted to do was spend every spare minute I had with her.

Thing is, I don't know what to do next. I did also now realise it was nearly 1 in the afternoon...and I was still in bed.

 I groaned as I rolled over from being sprawled across my king sized bed and stood up. I rubbed my sore eyes and waddled over to the bathroom in my pants. I went over to the sink and splashed cold water over my face in an attempt to fully engage my brain. It partly worked. The other factor was a sudden knock at my door...

"Yo" I called out grabbing a definitely clean pair of shorts off the towel rail and stepping into them.

Freya: "Hey Simon, have you got a minute. I thought i'd knock as I hadn't seen you about today yet"

What did Freya have to talk to me about? 

I stuck my head around the bathroom door so I faced the door to my room, which Freya currently stood outside.

"Ummm, Sure gimme a sec though I just woke up" I chuckled

I grabbed a can of deodorant and swiftly sprayed then walked out the bathroom over to my wardrobe where I threw on a sidemen clothing t-shirt.

I opened my door to let Freya in so she could I guess explain why she needed to talk to me all of a sudden.

Freya: "Cheerrz" she smiled as she walked through the door into my room "Josh said everything in Ibiza went well"

Surely she didn't come in here just for that...nah she was after something.

"I mean yea It was good, but that's not why you're here is it?" I cut the BS

Freya: "Wow Simon how did you guess?!" She commentated sarcastically

Freya continued: "I'm sure it's probably no secret, and if it is then i'v massively fucked this here, that...ummm us gals, talk" she said with a smirk

"Oh...kayyy" I said anxiously, wondering still where this could go.

Freya: "So basically we like to know whats up yea"

"Alright sure..." I followed still anxiously

Freya: "Now Josh has done me dirty and is not telling me anything that you've told him"

"Big up" I said raising a hand grinning jokingly

Freya: "See this can't run, the group chat needs tea to keep moving Simon" she emphasised my clapping her hands as she said it.

I still wasn't sure what she wanted me to tell her, if it WAS clear then, actually I still would resist, but at least I wouldn't be confused. 

"So how does that involve me"

Freya: "Don't be like that" she said brushing it off, it was a pathetic attempt at stalling on my part

Freya: "Talia says you guys have been going well with whatever you wanna call it right now, and her other ummm...peers would like to hear from your side too, so I have been tasked with extracting that knowledge"

"You sound like a Bond villain" I laughed, because she did. So methodical about it, I guess they were very serious about this HAHA. 

She flat lined me. 

"Arghhh cmon" I laughed at myself gain

Freya: through a giggling smile "I don't have time for games Simon Minter"

"Well I just woke up so I can til my body starts to collapse from lack of Red Bull"

She raised her Eyebrows and gave me the kind of look like she was done with the BS but she didn't care I was stalling.

I thought for a moment now. Dangerous. Freya could be exactly what I needed to finally move things where I wanted them to with Talia. But there was no hope in hell of it being worth it if she couldn't keep it on the DL for a bit.

"How about I propose a deal to you" I said like the master negotiator I am. Definitely not linked to my absurd stubbornness that makes everyone else tired of arguing with me usually.

Freya: " 'We' are Interested" referring to probably the rest of the 'Girl gang'

"Nah No 'WE'. I need just your help. and it might be maybe perhaps worth it for what you want in the end, But the end result isn't in my control so don't hold me liable"

Freya: "You're planning something?" She now enquired

"Perhaps" I tried to convince her, even though, as plans go, you'd be lucky if it scraped the bottom of the ideas list.

* A brief explanation later that was 100% not made up mostly as I went * 

Freya: "OH MY GOD SIMON I LOVE THAT IDEA...But wait I can't tell ANYONE?"

"Nope" 

Freya: "When do you want to do this?"

"The longer I leave it the more I'm gonna contemplate pussying out so I guess ASAP"

Freya let her excited smile turn into a more focused grin as she pulled out her phone and began rapidly typing

I just sort of stood there and watched what she did for 90 seconds with a 'SO whats she up to right now?' kind of expression.

Freya: "She's coming over in just over 3 hours"

"SHIT, OK so this is happening Oh Boy, now i just need a plan"

Freya: "you just told me it!"

"I'm making it up as I go along, but ill figure something out. Just gotta hope I don't fuck anything up now" 

Freya: "Simon...Trust. It'll go great. Now get whatever you need to do done and i'll let you know right before she gets here"

"Alright" I tried to clam myself a little bit, I was actually gonna do this.