XXXI - Nerves got the better

This had happened every year. I thought the same things now as I did last year, and the year before that.  The changing room was busy and loud, predictable seeing as there were 20 other guys in here. But It was easy for my mind again to block out what was around me. I could pick out certain specific sounds though. Ethan's laugh, Tobi and Manny keeping a ball up, Vik talking to Lachlan about his new kidnapping net (probably), But most of it was white noise. The floor between my feet hadn't changed in the last 2 minutes id stared at it and an unpleasant feeling made my stomach literally churn. 

I made my way swiftly to the adjoining toilets to find no one in there, probably because I was the only one to be absolutely out of my mind stressed. 

Annnnnnnnd I threw up. Yep. Definitely preserving the tradition from the last 2 years. I didn't even know why I was so stressed, The first year I almost died from throwing up before the game. Watching the game, no one ever would have thought. Nobody does, Nobody even knows.

I took a break from my immensely entertaining activity to hear a soft knock on the door to the toilets. I hadn't noticed the door to the main changing area had been closed and this noise was coming from the one that led directly into the corridor beyond that.

"Yea" I called. Trying to cover up how my dry mouth had affected my tone. 

* A minute or so earlier * [ Talia's POV ] 

Josh quickly stopped me, just as I was leaving the box at the top of the stadium to join the girls in going to our seats.

I was confused to see him and so was Freya, who stood next me with a look of panic across her face. Like she knew something was up instantly upon seeing him.

Josh: "Its OK Freya" He reassured her with a smile

I felt the change in the atmosphere around her as this put her to ease.

Josh: "Talia, I need you to come with me" He quickly spoke, not wasting words

I was confused. Wait was there something wrong with Simon? Was that why he was in a panicked rush.

He didn't even give me a chance to respond. Freya was being supportive of both me and Josh by ushering me along behind him.

"Josh whats wrong, this is kinda scary" I said with a quivering bottom lip

Josh: "Simon needs help" He said simply, not giving any tone I could read into 

"How can I help him? I don't even know wha..." Josh cut me off

Josh: "Every year Simon gets hella nervous before the matches yea?"

"O-K" I said with a pause, still needing clarification 

Josh: "Basically no one talks to him because we can't really do anything except say 'it's gonna be alright' "

"So what do you want me to do? Thats about as useful as I'll be" I half giggled at the truth but was also still slightly concerned. How bad was Simon stressing if Josh felt the need to bring me here?

Josh: "We tried the first year and he just said he was 'fine' and wouldn't let us believe anything was wrong"

I wanted to help Simon, but if his close friends couldn't do ANYTHING, surely I couldn't do much better, I'd probably make it worse somehow.

Freya: She piped up "Just talk to him babe, Trust? Itll probably work?" She took to Josh's aid.

"What do I...?" 

Josh: "Even if you just stop him being sick that's better than letting him die turning his insides ou..."

Freya: "Alright" she calmly shut Josh up from panicking himself about his best mates health

If Josh was this worried...

Before I knew it I'd knocked on the outside door into the Guys changing room toilets not needing any more convincing to at least try and help my boyfriend through this.

"Wait theres no one else in there right?" I whispered to Josh and he shook his head quickly in reply.

Simon: "Yea" he called from inside, definitely not sounding like the positive, happy, but importantly healthy Simon. My Simon. 

[ Simon's POV ]

I left the stall quickly, and washed my face with a splash of water. By the time I'd dried my hands and face with a paper towel trying to cover up my actions. A small hand opened the door slowly and cautiously.

Talia: "Simon?" She asked, worry plastered all over her voice.

"Talia" I returned softly.

She had made her way just a few steps in front of me. I used everything I could to just look normal and pretend nothing was wrong.

She wrapped her arms under mine, enveloping me in a tight hug. She gently rubbed her hand against my back soothingly.

I managed to smile because of her caring affection, hugging back.

Talia: "You'll do great" I saw her lips curl at the edges as she smiled.

"Thanks" I chuckled

I dunno how she'd done it. Well I do. But Talia had managed to put me at ease. I wasn't stressing anymore about what was gonna happen in 15 minutes time. I was focused on this moment, perfectly content.

I pulled her away slightly, still holding her close and I just wanted to stare into her deep, beautiful eyes.

Talia: "what?" She asked with a bit of a confused smile

"Just focusing my eyesight" I said cheesily with a chuckle, still not breaking our gaze.

Talia: "Score a goal for me" She smiled perfectly like she always did and pulled away to go.

"Well you've gone and put pressure on me now" I exaggerated and laughed

She turned back and smirked knowing I was OK now.

Talia: "Only from me though, If not you'll owe me when the games finished" She smirked again even more and turned to take the final few steps to leave.

As she went to open the door I quickly ran up behind her and kissed her cheek.

"There, I paid my debt early" I said quickly after then went to leave myself.

I heard her laugh behind me now. She'd managed to calm my nerves and I felt better than I'd done the previous two years right before the match. All I had to do now was score.

Josh walked over to me as I re-entered the changing room as everyone was getting ready to go out to the tunnel.

Josh: "You alright?" He asked with a questioning smile

"Yea" I smiled genuinely in return

We embraced in a quick bro hug then went to join the crowd of people trying to make it through the small door out of the changing rooms.

"you have anything to do with that?" I smirked

Josh: "Dunno what your talking about" She smirked in return, not hiding anything.

We both laughed and went out to go play football.

* 90 Minutes and 3 Goals later *

"I think i'm owed my kiss back?" I smirked at Talia. 

After the match everyone from both teams met with Families and friends who'd come to support.

Talia: "You didn't have to show off and go get 3 goals" She laughed back at me but happily repayed me.

----------------------------------------------------------
A/N
Yeaaaaa So, Hi. This is an update after BARE long but sry I just couldn't find the motivation to write but ima try and get some more updates out bc for some reason ppl seem to be reading this.

Oh I tried a POV change in this bc it fit, prob not gonna do them much unless it works and I feel like but yea. It works...I think? Sure.

Also Comments decided to become a thing so I actually replied to ppl who left stuff. THANKS.

Oh and another Also. 1k on part I and 11+ k overall WTF why is this cluster fuck of mine getting read, But acc TYSM guys :D