XXIV - Our Christmas

Waking up for Christmas hadn't felt the same since I was, I dunno, like, 8 years old. Even though it wasn't technically Christmas it was the 22nd but this was like 'our' Christmas day. I felt so excited and Happy about the day ahead. I was up relatively early, my sleep schedule shifting to wake me up at like 9am every day for the past few. Sunlight barely lit the world outside the house this early in the morning so my eyes took a few seconds to adjust to make out the anatomy of my room. Talia was still sound asleep to my left, my arm under her back and her right hand sprawled across my chest as she lay facing me in bed. I snuck my arm away slowly and lifted her arm off me. Then I climbed out of bed, being hit by the cold air of my room. While turning the thermostat down was a good idea last night, I was not enjoying the quick half run to my bathroom now. I spent 15 minutes doing what I normally would in the mornings, washed, got dressed and did my hair, then emerged from the bathroom.

Vik was leaving in a few minutes to go down to Sheffield to see his family today instead of tomorrow like when the rest of us planned to go to our respective Christmas' so me and Josh were gonna get up early to see him off. Leaving my room it was almost silent in the house, it was a bit creepy to be honest. casually, I began walking down the stairs looking at the big tree that was half responsible for lighting the inside of the house in a warm golden glow. I heard the incredibly faint speech from Josh and Vik in the kitchen so hooked a right when I reached the bottom of the stairs and made my way to meet them.

Vik: "Morning" He said a spoon of cereal half way raised towards his mouth.

"Morning" I replied 

Josh: "Toast?" He asked me

"nah i'll wait for Talia for breakfast, you know I never normally have anything so"

Vik: "You should"

"You say that everyday you come down for cereal at 5pm when we are getting lunch" 

Vik: "Yea I'm so sleepy I'm glad I decided not to drive"

Josh: "It's unheard of for you to come downstairs before midday unless you have somewhere to be"

"That's true"

Vik: "Shut up I like my sleep"

Josh: "too much Minecraft at 3am" 

Vik's phone buzzed

Vik: "Shit" he said looking at his watch "I thought I'd have another like 10 minutes"

He abandoned his cereal at the sink and began to hurry out to go upstairs to retrieve his suitcase I imagine.

Vik: "I'll be back in a minute then I'll say goodbye"

Josh: "the sooner the better"

I laughed

Toast jumped up from the toasted and Josh quickly grabbed it

"I'm actually gassed for today"

Josh: "I'm excited, we've never done anything like this before."

"Yea"

Josh: "Finally you have a girlfriend" he joked, still finding ways to make lonely jokes in a new way

"Shu'up" I chuckled

Vik came down the stairs, suitcase in hand and wearing a coat now. Me and Josh went out into the hall to say goodbye

Vik: "Bye guys, merry Christmas"

"cya" I said as he opened the door

Josh: "Get lost" Josh said jokingly

Josh then hugged vik, then I followed and did the same

Josh: "merry Christmas"

Vik: "bye" he departed closing the door behind him