XI - Out and about

It was the end of August now. The 'Sidemen beef' had been essentially squashed with only jokes still left flying around in the air, or the occasional clickbait title. JJ had been back for something like 2 weeks now. Upload was coming up, he had a whole load of beef with Joe Wellar but right now we had a little 5-a-side Sidemen vs BBK football match, then their concert at the O2.

I was a bit stressed but not really that much, while I stood waiting at the bottom of the stairs. JJ was ALWAYS the last to be ready.

I got my camera out to get a vlog clip when he Finally emerged to leave.

"Are you Ready? Are you ready to playyy..." I sang to the tune of the song then just plainly said "football" to finish

JJ: "I guess I am" 

I don't know what I was expecting really as he rushed down the stairs suitcase in hand.

"Yeaaaaa...come on we're late as it is"

JJ: "Yes, I know can you not see i'm hurrying, don't rush me anymore fam"

"Not fast enough"

I ended my vlog clip there, another 9 minutes 30 seconds of footage to go.

JJ: "wait is that literally all you recorded" He laughed 

"Ehh, itll get the time up a bit" I joked with him

"Oh I forgot to say the reason i'm rushing is because i forgot to add the 15 minute detour to pick up Talia to the 'schedule' "

JJ: "Who?" He smirked just trying to annoy me because I was certain he knew who Talia was.

"Fuck you JJ"

JJ: "Nah who is that?" He continued with the joke

"Yes I get it, its hard to believe a girl would want to come with me, now can we please leave the cabs been waiting for nearly 20 minutes" 

JJ laughed at me getting slightly frustrated as he knew I would.

"Josh and Freya left an hour ago" I tried to hurry him even more

* 17 Minutes in the taxi later as we pulled outside of Talia's *

"we won't be long" I said for the benefit of both JJ and the driver as I got out the back of the car.

After the short walk from the road to her front door I rang the doorbell. Talia opened it no longer than 10 seconds later.

"Hey, you alright" I said cheerfully, a smile erupting on my face the second I saw her again.

"Hiii" She replied leaning in for a brief hug.

I still felt awkward around her, but felt a lot more myself than when I first met her over 2 months ago now. But it was simply my personal expectation that I had to impress her more than anything else. 

"here let me" I said picking her small case off the porch 

Talia while closing the front door: "Thanks" She said with the most adorable grin like she always had

We would only be staying in central London for one night but everyone going still had some form of suitcase. Me and Talia wouldn't be sharing a room as we still weren't really a confirmed 'thing' yet. But I still wanted to spend as much time with her as possible.

"Sorry i'm late, it's JJ's fault" 

Talia, slightly amused: "Don't worry Simon we've still got plenty of time to get there. I can't wait to see you play football"

"Nahhh don't expect anything amazing"

Talia: "I guess ill have to judge for myself then if you wont back yourself"