Eighteenth.

Third person's POV.

(3 years before, when Hanabi just become a Pillar)

"I heard you called me, Oyakata-sama."

"Yes I did. Thank you for coming, Hanabi," he smiled warmly while looking at her with kind eyes.

She was a bit mesmerised by hid gaze. "It is my pleasure."

"I am calling you here to give you a secret mission."

She was surprised by his statement. "Secret mission?"

"Yes. I know you have the capabilities to gain information neatfully. You have been doing an amazing job these past few years, gaining information about demons, their weaknesses, and some tricks to decapitate them effectively. It is very clever. It is also why you are able to become a Pillar in a short time," he said with his unwavering smile.

"Thank you for your compliment, Oyakata-sama," she bowed her head at him.

"Thus, I want you to gain information for me."

"And what would that be?"

"I want you to search information about Muzan," he stated, still with that smile of his.

She was startled. A heavy task id being lifted to her shoulders.

"It could be anything. His subordinates, the Twelve Demon Moons, his hiding, his will, his movement, anything about him and the demons," he said.

She is clearly shocked by her Master's wish. "I am sorry, Oyakata-sama, I don't quite understand how to do this task of yours."

"It is the same like what you've been doing all these times, but it is more dangerous. But there are some restrictions for this matter, but I will tell you if you accepted this," he said with a calm face.

She is hesitating. 'Muzan? Gaining information about him? This is dangerous, it is not just dangerous, it is super dangerous, ultra dangerous! W-what do I do?' She thought deeply.

"Are you worried about Tomioka Giyuu?" He asked, looking at the concerned girl in front of him.

She immediately looked at him when he mentioned Giyuu's name. Oyakata-sama immediately understand by her reaction and smiled knowingly.

"If that is the case, then you can reject this request of mine," he stated, making her surprised, "you are not to blame for your decision. I am well aware that this task is not easy and dangerous. You can reject it if you want."

She looked at him in disbelief. 'I...I can reject this. It is no problem, it is a dangerous task and if I got caught, Giyuu will also in trouble,' she gulped, 'but why...why do I feel like don't want to reject it? This is dangerous, and I can't put anyone in danger if someday I made a mistake.'

"You can answer me later. I will give you a week, then come back to me to give you your answer," he said.

Just when she about to take her leave, he said something.

"I hope that you will choose the option that won't made you regret."

She widened her eyes at his words. 'Why...why do I feel a pang of disappointment at myself for not taking this mission?' She gulped down and gaining her courage. She looked at the man in front of her with determination.

"Oyakata-sama," she speak up. 'Is this really what I wanted?'

"I..."

'If it's not, then why do I feel excited about this?'