Breeze (風)

Sanemi's POV

I have sinned.

I killed a woman who had carried me in her womb and gave birth to me.

"Muderer!! Murdereerr!!" My only remaining little brother cried to this face which marked with bloods.

I can't stay with him. A murderer can't stay with his innocent self. So I leave him and began my hunting. I don't care if I die. I have sinned. I will dedicated my life to hunt demons. Even if I can't kill them with blades, even if I am lack of power and skill, I will kill them.

Then I met a guy. His name is Masachika Kumeno and he is a demon hunter. He introduced me to a proper trainer. I began to learn about swordsman skill and breathing technique. I used my blood as an advantage to intoxicates demon. All is well. Until we encountered one of the Twelve Demon Moons.

I was the only one who survived. He died. Masachika is dead. We killed the demon together, but I am the only one who survived. I am the only one who became a Pillar.

And then I met her.

Confident eyes. Pretty face. Sweet smile. It was disgusting.

"Nice to meet you, I am Shirokawa Hanabi," she shove her hand to have a hand shake with me.

As if I will. "Tch, I really hate people like you." I glared daggers at her with venomous words is ready to spat from my mouth. "Smiling as if life is wonderful and shits."

Her face is shocked because of my words. I thought she is going to frown and leave or trying to badmouthing me, but what happened next is quite shocking to me. She smiled. A dark smile.

There's a dangerous aura surrounding her and that is enough to make my nape hair stand up. She look at me with now an eye that shows superiority, demanding to submit myself in front of her.

"What did you say?" She asked with a voice that sounds sweet but threatening. I tensed up.

What's up with this bitch?

"Stop it you two, Oyakata-sama is arriving!" Himejima's voice broke the tension between them. The girl smiled to me and turn away to greet this 'Oyakata-sama'. Our first meeting wasn't good.

But after that, she keep annoyed me.

"Shinazugawa-san, good morning!"

"Did you just finish your mission?"

"Why you always gained a new big scar after your mission?"

"Good evening, Shinazugawa-san! Looks like we are on a mission together!"

Annoying. So much annoying. Why can't that bitch leave me alone?

"Oh, Shinazugawa-san. We are finally in the same mission. Let's work together on this!"

I rolled my eyes and walk passed her. "I swear if you fucking ended up as a burden, I'm gonna fucking throw you off from a cliff myself."

Unexpectedly, she laughed. I walk even further, ignoring her laughter, but she ran to catch up. "Seems like you are not really aware of what it means to become a Pillar," she said. "And throwing me from a cliff won't be enough to get rid of me, so rest assured, I will be that stain that can't be removed completely however you try."

"Haa?! Is that a challenge you scum?!"

"You have a colorful vocabulary there," she giggled. "Don't worry, I am also a Pillar afterall."

I clicked my tongue and start to running, ignoring her presence. What a little prick like her can do? She never knows the fucking bitterness of life.