Fortieth.

Third Person's POV.

"You are still in contact with Tamayo-san, right?" Hanabi asked, surprising the boy in front of her.

"Eh? You know Tamayo-san?" He asked, confused.

"I do know her, but I don't think she remembered me. A best friend of mine told me about her because he is a friend of her," she explained while Nezuko still playing with her hair.

"Your friend is a friend of Tamayo-san?"

"Yes, and now I have to come in contact with her but she moved her hiding place, correct?"

"How do you..."

"I know lots of things, Tanjirou-kun!" She smiled brightly.

Tanjirou stare at her smile and gulped down. 'This person is dangerous,' he sweat dropped. "Then why don't you asked your friend?"

She widened her eyes at his question and sighing with a sad smile. "He is...already no longer in this world."

"Ah, I'm sorry..." He muttered an apology.

She shake her head. "No, no, it's okay."

"Umm, if you don't mind me asking, what is your business with Tamayo-san?" He asked nervously.

"It's a bit complicated, but I need her help," she sighed.

"Eh? But...she is a..." He glance at his little sister on the Nature Pillar's lap with uneasiness. He can't finished his sentence, but the Nature Pillar know already what he is trying to say.

"A demon, I know. My late best friend was a demon too and we made a pretty good team together in the past," she smiled at the memories in the past.

"Woah, I thought I am the only one among the demon hunters!" He exclaimed excitedly. "I thought demon hunters especially the Pillar won't have any acquaintance with demons, let alone best friend!"

"Well, it's a secret though, so you have to keep it for awhile," she lifted her index finger in front of her lips.

"Ah, alright," he nodded. "But Hanabi-san, I don't actually know where she is right now. We keep in contact whenever I have to give the Twelve Demon Moons blood to Yushirou-kun's messenger."

"Eh? You took their bloods?" She asked in surprise.

"Yes, it's in order to bring Nezuko back into a human again," he look at Nezuko and patted her head. Nezuko glance at her older brother and approached his bed and then hugging him.

Hanabi smiled at the scene that played in front of her. 'They kinda reminds me of my brother and I in the past,' she smiled when warmth filling her chest.

"I see. Well, if you don't mind, can you gave this letter too to the messenger?" She grabbed an envelope from her haori and handed it to him.

"Of course! I will give it when I have the chance!" He smiled so brightly and take the letter.

"Oh, I just remembered I owe you an explanation right, Tanjirou-kun?"

"Do you mean at that night when you asked me to keep an eye outside of that residence?" He tilted his head.

"Yes. Well I just know the truth about it and I think you may wanted to know it as well."

Tanjirou keep silent, letting Hanabi to continued.

She fiddling her fingers. "Actually, I thought everyone in that residence was my family but they turned into demon, thus I think that I have the responsibility to end them," she paused for a moment, "but I found out that those demons are not my family and they are the ones who killed my real family. They changed their name and lived in the residence and kidnapping people to eat them."