{02}

Absquatulate

(v.) to flee; leave abruptly

The morning dew woke me up, like always, hitting my senses and making me aware of my surroundings. Today was the day, it was time to find myself a new home since that werewolf yesterday deliberately sought me out, I knew I was in danger here. It only seemed right for me to leave and find a new place to stay, not that this was a new thing. It was a usual event for me to be forced to leave my home. 

Grabbing my little bag and packing the dirty clothes I had left, I tied the straps back together, since they got ruined during my last trip. I had to find some new things somehow, it had been too long of me surviving on nothing. Maybe I could find a cabin somewhere and rob the people there. This was the new me, robbing people, killing werewolves. It was ridiculous, but very necessary. 

As I crawled under the branches, I stayed in my human form, much to my wolf's displeasure. She was whining and scratching on the insides of me, this was another thing to being an Aurelia, our wolves were very demanding and needed their daily time of running if you couldn't give them that they'd be in horrific pain. It contradicted the fact that I had to hide from strangers, so I'd had nights screaming in pain after weeks of not shifting. 

'Out!' She yelled at me from the inside, but I had to defy her wishes. This was both her and I's protection that mattered, not some needy wolf's wishes to run a little. My track had officially begun and I knew it would be a hard trip, but I was excited to see where I'd find myself in a couple of hours. I was lucky that my human form was athletic and had the power of walking ridiculously fast, it made hiking way easier for me. 

Hours into the walk my energy was on top and the fresh air made for the smile that adorned my face, it was about the little things in life by now. The way wind allowed you to breathe a little deeper, the way the sun hugged your body if you ever felt lonely, how the rain could cool down any anxiety attack or adrenaline rush. Small things made for a bigger picture, it gave me an excuse to smile if only for a second. It was stupid to admit, but I couldn't even remember the last time I'd really laughed either, it wasn't during these years, that was for sure. 

I had no idea where I was walking, no idea which territory I stepped upon, that was the downside of not knowing where you were. It gave for a very confusing life since I had no chance of placing myself away from danger. I could only protect myself by staying in my human form and close off my smell to werewolves. 

The next step I took gave me a gut feeling, that I'd done something wrong. It was a weird sensation of a cold chill running down my spine, making my hands shake and my knees feel weak. Shaking my head, I took the next step in a nervous manner, hopefully, I was still on neutral ground, but the shift in mood told me that I really wasn't.

My eyes cast towards the sky, sending a silent prayer to the Moon Goddess, don't let them kill me

A growl sounded from a distance, followed by another. From the depths of the woods, I saw two wolves emerge, one with blonde fur and crystal blue eyes, the other with brown fur and a darker blue shining from his eyes. They snarled at me and I bowed my head to them, hoping for them to understand my surrender. This was exactly what I wanted to avoid, fuck..

'Danger' My wolf told me, she was quivering in a corner. These years hadn't been too easy on her and the only thing keeping me standing was my human mind. I was very stubborn and could be an ass to people who deserved it. 

They came closer and circled me while my head was looking down towards the ground. I could take both of them, no doubt about it, but this was their ground and even though my last name was Havoc, I refused to create it. I couldn't shift either if their entire pack got the gist of there being an Aurelia walking on their territory, I'd be killed on the spot. My only type of defense was bowing down to them, I absolutely hated it. It was a weak move and my species was anything but weak, it felt like I was doing all the killed Aurelias wrong, but this was about my survival too.

The one with the blonde fur came up to me, his wolf standing as tall as my human form, he must have a high position in this pack. He sniffed me and snarled in response, probably not liking the stench of a girl who hadn't showered in years. The only shower I got was in a lake every now and then, but I, unfortunately, didn't come across those too often. 

He suddenly shifted as fur grew into the skin of a naked human, a very hot one at that. His blonde hair was messy and pushed back, while his blue eyes were the exact same as his wolf's. Stranger turned his head sideways as he studied my body, "Who are you and why are you crossing the territory of the Dark Moon Pack?" His authority shone through his voice, but after years of being a rogue, I honestly couldn't care less.

Crossing my arms in front of my chest, "Shouldn't you put some clothes on? I simply can't talk to you, as if you're not naked right in front of me." His eyes widened and he seemed offended by my bluntness, well I was right though, it was kind of weird.

"All of us here are werewolves-" Well, not exactly, but okay. "We're used to seeing each other naked." 

"We need to get her to the house, Balto." A voice to my right broke my conversation with this weird naked man. Turning my head I was met by yet another naked man, the other wolf had apparently shifted while I'd been a little distracted. Why were these men so handsome though? His muscular body was hard to look away from, his black hair a clear contrast to his white skin. 

I really hadn't tried a situation like this before, standing in front of two naked men like this. Not that I minded. In my 25 years of life, I'd only kissed three werewolves, all of them being drunks at a bar. But I hadn't seen the body of a man like this before, I wasn't used to nudity and especially not naked strangers. Backing slightly away from them, I tried to get away as their eyes were connected and they were mind-linking each other. As I was about to take the last step away from their territory, a branch under my foot broke making both of them zero in on me. 

"Oh no girl, you're not going anywhere." The blonde-haired dude said as he quickly grabbed my arm, pulling me with him into the woods. It couldn't be true, this had been my nightmare through all of these years, being chained up in a cell somewhere. If I didn't try to escape now, they'd without a doubt kill me. I wasn't ready to be killed. 

Seeing my escape through some dense trees, I ripped my arm from his and sprinted in the direction of my freedom. I could hear their hearts beating crazily in their chests, probably by the possibility of me getting away from them. The wind blew my brown hair in every possible direction, the ground under my feet easy to run along and it helped me somewhat. A smile reached my lips by the freeing feeling of running again, completely forgetting about the true situation at hand. 

"Stop!" Blondie yelled from behind me, what did he really think, that I'd actually stop by him telling me to? Fuck no

Before I knew it, a man tackled me from the side. I could vaguely see him jumping right beside me, aiming straight for my body. His weight was pushing me to the ground, almost cutting off my oxygen. My head hit the ground and a groan left my lips, this was stupid. Opening my eyes, I saw the black-haired man pinning me down to the ground, still very much naked. This honestly couldn't be more awkward. 

"Get off!" I spat at him while thrashing around in his arms. 

Blondie came behind him and together they lifted me off the ground, gripping my arms painfully hard, I wouldn't show any sign of weakness. This time I accepted my fate and followed along to my death, this was what I preached to my parents as they let me go, this was going to be the end of me. No doubt about it.