{39}

Eloquence

(n.) the art of using language in a fluent way

Quickly pulling my shirt down again, my eyes were focused on the grass beneath my feet. It was too much of a challenge to meet his gaze, it was already burning holes into the side of my head. He was pissed, I could understand why, the scar still looked fresh and he probably thought it happened during my time here. The truth is that they cut me so deep and being alone in the woods the wound got infected, it never had the chance to heal properly, hence the angry red scar.

"Are you going to tell me what in the actual fuck happened to your stomach?" He spat, his tone so venomous it made me dizzy.

"It's nothing," I started, when his body stepped closer he lifted my shirt up a little bit, just enough to see the lowest part of the scar. "Don't, Arrax, I'm fine, it doesn't matter anymore."

Pulling away from him I felt suffocated, the air couldn't provide for me to be able to breathe properly and my ears were ringing, the only sound I was able to hear was my pounding chest. Taking a step backwards, I turned around and left him at the field. I wasn't ready to talk about it yet and I wouldn't have taken off that hoodie if I'd known what it would end up with.

Sprinting to the pack house, I ran up the stairs and into my room. I walked around like a beheaded chicken. This scar was my reality now and I had to deal with it, but with it being a reality of mine didn't mean that I was forced to tell everyone. 

My mind was racing trying to calm myself and wondering what he thought of me now. The scar looked absolutely disgusting, but I couldn't take it away like that and pretend it hadn't been there. It's my past and I survived that.

In the middle of me panicking, Arrax stepped into the room, closing the door behind him. He almost looked too big for such a small room and my hyperventilating picked up again. I couldn't tell him, he would connect the dots, I shouldn't have survived an attack like that had I been a normal werewolf. I should've been dead, but here I am having a huge scar on both my stomach and my thigh. 

It seemed unreal that Arrax had seen one of my biggest secrets, no one knew, not one single person knew that I'd been hurt like that and now he did. That thought was both comforting and really scary.

Arrax was still ridiculously mad, his puffed out chest and hooded eyes told me everything I needed to know. "Tell me who the fuck did this to you and I'll make sure to break every single bone in their body." He threatened, the threat was a huge turn on for me even though I knew it wasn't the time to be thinking like that.

"You don't know them, Arrax. Just let it be, please."

He clenched his fists in anger, "The hell I will, you were hurt and I demand to know who did it."

I couldn't just tell him like that, I killed them afterwards and how would I explain a werewolf killing two rogues? It didn't make sense and I really didn't want to lie to him, not anymore. The lies were piling on top of each other as it was, this shouldn't be another one to add to that pile. 

"Just trust me on this one, don't worry about it." My words were pathetic, he knew it, I knew it, but I couldn't say anything else.

"You can't expect me to not worry about you, that's just a given. I'm close to losing my temper here so tell me this instant, Aspen." He raged, his voice filling the entire room.

Even though he was protecting me, it pissed me off that he tried to control me. That was literally my biggest pet peeve and I couldn't stop myself from commenting on it, "Stop trying to force me to do stuff I'm not willing to, Arrax."

He scoffed at me in disbelief, "It's not up to you! Give me their names, it's not even a question anymore it's an order."

"Stop bossing me around like I'm a muppet of yours!"

"You might as well be!" His tone got louder as did mine, I was saddened by how our amazing day ended up with us arguing, but he honestly had it coming with those unnecessary 'orders'. "You're behaving like a child, maybe I should get Grant to pull your acceptance back." He threatened, only making me more furious.

"Do that and get your asses kicked, that'd probably teach you a lesson though, wouldn't it?" I added sarcastically, riling him up.

"Stop changing the subject, I won't leave until you've given me something to work with." He stubbornly said his nostrils flaring, I'd find it funny if I wasn't bubbling with anger directed at him right now.

Heat rose to my cheeks and his mere presence annoyed the shit out of me, "Leave," I spat, "Leave this room right fucking now!"

An intense snarl fell from his lips as he flashed his teeth, "This is my house, still haven't caught that?" His face reflected the darkness he spat at me.

It wasn't good for any of us that we were in this position, we were too stubborn to deal with this type of anger, "If you won't leave, then I for sure will. Anything else than having to look at your angry ass face."

Stomping towards the door, my arm was tightly grabbed and pulled back. Standing in front of my mate I glared at him with every fiber of my being, his hand was still on my arm and it tightened as his eyes fell onto my lips, sending intense shocks through my body.

"You really are full of yourself, aren't you? It's not okay to just pull my arm like you fucking own m-"

My words were cut off as his lips met mine in a passionate spur of the moment, it was insanity, one second I wanted to rip his head off and the next I wanted to rip his clothes off. This was the bond of having a mate though, I already knew that.