{29}

Gerful

(adj.) wild; wayward

Closing the door on her, I let Arrax into the room, he barged past me and searched every crevice and corner. His angry eyes locked with mine, "Where is she?"

I crossed my arms in defiance, "I won't tell you before you calm down, you need to give her a chance to explain herself."

"The fuck I won't, tell me where the hell she is!" He took a step in my direction to scare me, but shouldn't he know by now that I'd always square up to him? 

Meeting his attempt by me taking another step towards him, "You acting like this just confirms the fact that I shouldn't tell you shit."

"Aspen, you shouldn't come between me and my work, she hurt my guards." He tried to reason with me, the anger still bubbling in his throat.

Nodding at him, "Yes, but they grabbed her and she was raging, you know what that feels like, don't you?"

"Don't turn this on me, she needs to own up to her mistakes." He spat at me, the snarl ready to leave his lips. 

"Then don't be an ass about it, promise me you'll listen to her." I asked him, hoping for a positive answer. 

He huffed in annoyance, "Fine, bring her to me then." I opened the door to the bathroom only to see that Lilly had jumped out of the small window by the shower, fucking hell Lilly, you're not making this easier on any of us. "She's gone, isn't she?"

"That might be a possibility, yes." I admitted, hoping he wouldn't wake up the entire pack to search her out now. She couldn't go to the cells for this, clearly it already affected her and I needed her here for my own selfish reasons. If I went into heat again for instance, also to have my best friend nearby.

Arrax ran off, with me hot on his heels, "What will you do to her?"

"I need her in the cells, she's mentally unstable if she's raging." He explained. It actually did make sense, if a werewolf was raging it could only relax after days of loneliness, he wanted to force the loneliness into her system by caging her.

"But she wasn't dangerous with me in the room." I told him, praying he would go easy on her. 

"No, but you're her most trusted person, you've never done anything wrong to her. If she finds as much as one single flaw on anyone, she'll flip her shit." I hoped he hadn't brushed up on his raging facts, of course he had though. I knew she was raging as soon as she told me she'd been violent, but I wasn't scared, I knew she trusted me and it would be impossible for her to find a situation where I'd pissed her off. 

"I'm coming with you." I told him when he put on a jacket. 

His angry eyes were now directed at me, "The hell you ain't."

"This is not a discussion, if you leave without me, I'll just go by myself." I stubbornly stated, clearly frustrating Arrax even more than he already was, "Listen, she's my friend, she trusts me."

The small nod was the only confirmation I needed, before both of us ran out of the house, immediately trying to sniff her out. My sense of smell was better than his and I could instantly spot which direction she ran in. "This way." I guided him and ran the track I could smell her in. She'd been running through the woods, and I feared that she may have crossed territory and left the premises. 

After minutes of sprinting through the woods, dodging branches and trying not to lose her scent, we finally found her. She was standing in front of the territory lines, thick tears running down her cheeks. I conveyed to Arrax that I wanted him to stay and he listened with an annoyed growl. Taking slow steps in her direction I tried not to freak her out, if she stepped out of the grounds, rogues would be able to smell her and then they'd attack the pack. This was more than her safety, it was everyone in the pack's.

"Lils." I whispered, when I had a safe distance from her. Her legs were bloodied again and as she turned around to face me, I saw how she must've scratched herself in the face. The cuts were deep and it pained me to see her like this. "Talk to me."

Her eyes dropped to her hands, she looked frightened by the amount of blood, "I don't know what's happening to me, I can't control it."

Had it been anyone but me here, she would've freaked out, but as Arrax mentioned I had only been good to her. She pulled the normal Lilly out when it was me, but as soon as anyone else would step into her line of sight, the raging wolf would take over her entire being. "I know. You need to calm down and breathe. Those cuts are deep."

She nodded at me, her eyes welling up with frustrated tears, "Aspen, please tell me what's going on?"

It wouldn't benefit her if I informed her that she was in a rage, it would scare her and she would run away from me again, I couldn't gamble with everyone's safety like that. Quickly praying that Arrax kept everyone away, I took a step closer to her. I could take her down if she raged in my proximity, but then I also would have some explaining to do. Raging werewolves could easily be as strong and fast as any Alpha, so I knew I had to step carefully. 

"You're going to be okay? Trust me, Lilly, like I trust you, remember?" I consoled her, grabbing her hand and tugging her down to sit with me on the ground. I cared for her and if rogues got to her, it would be the end, that wasn't even an option for me. 

Her eyes relaxed slightly, allowing me to recognize the Lilly I've come to know. It was scary that my words had to calm down a raging human/werewolf hybrid, they probably reacted differently than a werewolf and I hoped I was doing an okay job of comforting her. "We trust each other." She said and nodded her head, her thumping heart beating regularly again and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. 

"Lilly! What is it I'm hearing about you!" A voice yelled in the distance and I saw Balto, he was running in our direction. 

My panicked eyes met the widened ones of Lilly, she backed away from both him and I on the ground. 

"No, no, no, no." I whispered as I crawled towards her, trying to grab her ankles before she crossed territory. "Lilly, it's me, just me." Trying to console a raging hybrid was impossible, especially now when she met someone she had a reason to be angry at. Slowly her green eyes turned darker and a sinister glint took over, "Look at me dammit!" I tried again, grabbing her face this time and letting our eyes connect. 

She was too far gone. This wasn't Lilly.

Before I knew what had happened, she pushed me away from her, crawling backwards and quickly crossing the territory grounds. She hurriedly scattered to her feet only to run impossibly fast away from us. Her rage had returned, I fucking thought I had her!