{15}

Calescent

(adj.) increasing in warmth; getting hot

"Aspen.." A voice met my ears, the small shaking in my shoulders was really what awoke me from my peaceful slumber. Opening my eyes and looking around I saw Arrax on the side of my bed, his hand on my shoulder and his eyes so concerned it pulled at my heart.

"Hey." I said with a tint of hoarseness to my voice, clearly I'd been sleeping for quite some time now.

My body was aching all over and memories came flooding back to me. The panic of me shifting in front of them left almost immediately, because had I shifted in front of them I wouldn't be on this bed right now. Meeting his beautiful brown eyes, I allowed myself to drown in them for even a second. His stubble was more visible than I'd ever seen it before and for some reason I found it quite attractive.

"How are you feeling?" He carefully asked, his voice sending small shivers down my legs.

"I'm fine, just a little sore. I don't truly remember what happened."

His confused gaze met mine, "Well, I can't tell you because Grant is lying to us currently. He states that you defeated him and therefore he felt the need to fight you harder in your rematch. But don't worry, we don't believe that shit, I don't know what he's trying to pull on us."

I felt bad, really, I did. Grant was only telling them the truth and I was sure it must be confusing to him as well, it shouldn't have ended like that either. My wolf chose the dumbest moment possible to push herself through, it wasn't Grant's fault and I couldn't live with myself if I let him take the blame for it.

"He's being truthful, Arrax."

A scoff met my declaration, "Don't feel bad, it's his own fault."

"What did you do to him?"

Arrax didn't seem too pleased that I was worried, but I couldn't help myself. It was my fault that he was in a bad position with his Alpha, and those situations never ended well. Never.

"You shouldn't care." Arrax said with such finality to his voice it annoyed me.

"And you shouldn't boss me around, now tell me, what did you do to him?" My remark wasn't appreciated, but I couldn't give two flying fucks.

"Why do you even want to know?"

Defying my body's wishes, I sat up against the headboard staring nastily at him, "Are you really going to start an argument right now, Arrax? Tell me where the hell he is."

His eyes bored into mine with such disregard, clearly he hated it when people talked back to him, but I couldn't help it. This was about more than him being my mate, it was also about the well-being of my friend.

"You'll not see him so I won't tell you, now let it go already." He rose from the bed and left the room in a hurry, unfortunately for him, he doesn't get off that easily with me.

Seeing that I was decent in a pair of tights and hoodie, I ran after him, his scent led me down the stairs where I could hear him talking to someone. Not caring if anyone saw him and I fighting, I hurried down the steps and ran to him, getting all up in his face. Balto was the one he'd been conversing with and he seemed shocked by my actions, he quickly scurried off when he saw how mad I was though. Good call. Meeting my mate's brown eyes again, I gave him the nastiest glare.

"Don't you ever walk away from me like that again. Let me tell you this one last time, Arrax, Grant was telling you the truth." My threatening tone even made myself shiver, but this wasn't about to be some fight between the stubborn, it was more than that. "Now, you're gonna tell me where the fuck he is or I swear I'll hunt down every werewolf in this entire pack, until one of them bows down to me."

He bared his teeth at me, nostrils flaring in hard anger. "Do not speak to me like that again, little wolf."

"Your ability to make everything about yourself is absolutely uncanny, now speak, you self entitled little runt." I spat at him my body shaking with rage, this would end badly for everyone.

Arrax grabbed my arm and held it in front of us, "No."

Such a simple word and such an angry Aurelia. My lips curled, showing him my teeth in warning. When I realized he wasn't backing down, the heat rose to my cheeks, I was blazing all over. No. As fucking if. Grabbing his hand on my arm, the warning signs going off in my head, I shouldn't be doing this. Peeling his fingers away from my arm one by one, I saw the shock slowly morph onto his features, but I wasn't done.

My chin rose high into the air, completely disrespecting his title. Before I used the exact same technique I'd used on Grant. Twisting his arm onto his back and kicking him in the back of the legs, forcing him to bow down on his knees. This was the absolute worst thing you could do to an Alpha, forcing him onto his knees. It was disrespectful in every possible way, but in no fucking way did or could I care.

Walking around his kneeling form I stood in front of him, allowing him to wallow in the fact that I'd outsmarted him. He could've fought me, but I had the element of surprise on my side which in the end made me succeed. His eyes were raging as were mine, both of us breathing so loudly it was the only sound filling up the room.

Arrax rose from his position on the ground, his frame towering over mine in such a way that I immediately regretted my decision. Holy hell, had I just challenged an Alpha?

His clenched teeth and flaring nostrils let me know all I needed, this was the last straw for him. But my anger was blossoming again, the thought of how dismissive and indifferent he seemed awoke every sharp sensation again. He had been as disrespectful to me as I had to him and he fucking deserved the way I treated him.

His eyes darkened and before I realized what had happened Arrax pinned me against the wall, with my arms locked over my head. His lips so dangerously close to mine I could taste the mint on his tongue. My eyes closed on their own accord as he slammed his lips to mine, a moan leaving me by the shock and lust running through my veins.

His tongue demanded dominance and he got it, pressing his body roughly against mine I could feel his hardness for me and a shiver racked through my back. My lips thirsted for his taste and finally getting him again was indescribable. As his hands let go of my wrist, my hands found his hair immediately as he grabbed me around the waist and lifted me from the ground. My legs hooked themselves around him, without breaking the lustful spell of our kiss. The wall behind me gave me no possibility of creating distance, but having his dick against my core drove me crazy.

His lips moved against mine in such a painfully taunting manner and I wanted nothing more than all of him, now. My mind couldn't catch up with his fast movements as he kissed down my jawline and neck, trailing hot kisses and leaving me panting. As his lips met the skin he'd mark, my back arched itself against his body with a moan escaping my lips for him.

"I can't fucking wait to have you." He whispered against my skin, the hot breaths leaving goosebumps along my neck. Arrax's hand supported my ass, as he pushed himself against me. My head fell backwards on the wall, a moan coming from my swollen lips.

"But I'm afraid we have more important things to do." He whispered again before helping me onto my feet. My confused and lustful gaze met his almost black eyes, asking him a question with no words. "You wanted to see Grant and I'll take you to him, but don't think you'll get off without telling me how the fuck you managed to get me on my knees."

"Grant first." I declared, my voice so hoarse I barely registered it was me who'd spoken.

"Deal." Arrax smirked at me before giving me the simplest kiss on the lips, leaving me completely breathless.