{03}

Mirabilia

(n.) marvels; miracles

I was used to being alone, it had been my way of living for years now, but for some reason, I felt even lonelier locked in a cell, than I would've felt outside. It was crazy to me how they threw me in here and left, just straight up left. In a cold cell with no windows, no mirror, no nothing. Absolute hell on earth and I couldn't stay here for much longer. Having no idea how much time had passed really messed with you, I felt insane. It was ridiculous that I'd been captured, it had been a part of my own training to make sure I'd never get in a situation like this and now look at me, pathetic. My wolf was scarily silent too, I could always feel her presence, but right now she'd buried herself so far away in the fears of the werewolves smelling her.

If my parents were alive they would hate the person I'd turned into, I knew it. They hated manipulative werewolves and attacks for no apparent reason, that was basically the epitome of what I was running around and doing. It scared me to think about them, I didn't know anything at all, if they'd been captured and killed or if they were still hiding in that cozy little cottage. The scenes that played out in the living room that one night still very fresh in my mind. It was painful to consider how much time I'd wasted when all they'd hoped for was for me to find my mate.

I really was looking forward to seeing my mate someday, if my mate was still alive that is. He would accept me for me and love the power I held from being an Aurelia. I shouldn't hide from him because that one person was made for me and only me, it was absolutely amazing to think about. Considering all the shit I've done and all the things I've gone through, the idea of having a mate sounded more and more appealing to me. Just to shut everything else out and enjoy how much that one person loved you, unconditionally.

A sound in the distance made me aware of the situation, standing up to my full height, refusing to show them how drained I actually was, I placed my chin in the air. Two guards came around the corner and looked at me through the bars, their sickly smiles so disgusting I almost gagged. They needed me for something, no doubt about it, no one had sought me out during my time here, so this was definitely new.

"Hey girlie, are you ready?" The first idiot laughed as he asked me, they knew very well that I had no idea what was going on. It was pathetic of them to play a game with me, which was why I decided to stay quiet looking at them as disgustingly and proud as possible. They could annoy me, but they could never ruin my pride.

"Oh yeah, that's right she's a stupid rogue, talking isn't in their books, Paul." Idiot 2 laughed, their yellow teeth so horrific to look at, I wanted to punch them out, hopefully smacking their smug looks off in the process. Just another misconception that rogue werewolves were stupid, I knew and had experienced first hand how smart they were. Talking was definitely in their books since manipulating was their native language.

"Good one, Bill! She probably doesn't know how to use her mouth, just like every other rogue." He delivered that line with so much intensity, it showed how much he believed that is was a good insult for some reason.

"Damn, you always pull them out of your sleeve like it's nothing." Idiot 2, also known as Bill, praised him.

Paul nodded at him, "It takes a few years, but when you get there, it's worth it."

Getting enough of their excessive need to be 'funny' at my expense, I felt the anger burning through my body, they were wasting my time. "Don't you have an off-button somewhere?" I asked in a bored tone, making their eyes snap to me.

"You really shouldn't talk back to us, bitch." Bill snarled at me, his entire appearance changing in a matter of seconds. This was too good, annoyance washed off him in waves, showing me how easily I could get under his skin.

Placing a hand over my heart in mockery, a little smirk on my lips, "Oh excuse me, I wasn't aware that asking a question was considered talking back."

With only two sentences I'd slapped their disgusting smiles off their faces and it was amazing. They looked at each other and unlocked the door, before walking in here and pulling me with them. Their stench of alcohol and cigarettes annoyed my nose, and I tried to wiggle out of their grip as they pulled me down a dark hallway.

"You won't talk like that to Alpha, he'll kill you in a heartbeat." Bill warned me, he didn't have to though, I knew Alphas and they were very fast at snapping necks, left and right. It was insane to witness how quickly they'd turn on people they usually would've loved. If you wanted to live, you needed to keep your mouth shut around them. The problem with me though, keeping my mouth shut wasn't a part of my vocabulary and they'd kill me either way, so it didn't really matter in the end.

These hallways were unnecessarily long and it seemed never-ending, as the blokes pulled me with them, not saying a word to me anymore. Their entire attitude had changed from laughing and trying to be insulting, to serious and a little nervous, maybe. It was a weird change and it made me more curious about what was waiting for me. I knew it would be the Alpha, he would tell them whether to let me live or kill me, I wasn't stupid, but why were his guards afraid of him?

Finally reaching the end of the long-ass hallway, we got into an elevator, where they pressed the highest floor, the sixth floor. This building must be massive, like, ridiculously massive. It literally had cells upon cells down here and they had six more floors of monstrous space, this must be where the Alpha worked. I didn't even see any other people in cells down here, all of them were empty, so maybe this was where you'd be placed until the Alpha had time to decide your fate. It couldn't be real that I was the only captive here.

The doors of the elevator opened as the guards once again used violence in pulling me along, I tried to keep up with their long strides to rid myself from the pain, but it was damn near impossible. It was a huge room, almost like a living room, the panorama windows gave me a clear sight of the entire pack's territory, lots of houses between the woods. It was absolutely breathtaking. Bill and Paul pulled me towards a door in the farthest end of the beautiful living space, and even though I wanted to throw myself in the big fluffy couch, I decided to follow along. It had been so long since I'd last seen a couch, felt the texture and how it was to sit on.

My thoughts were almost pulled back to my family but were interrupted by my wolf jumping up and down in excitement from inside of me, I hadn't heard from her in so long so it was weird to see her acting up now. Desperately trying to hush her, so she wouldn't blow my cover, the guards opened the door and threw me inside an office, closing the door behind them on their way out.

An overwhelming smell of wood and citrus reached my senses and hugged my entire body, making my wolf pant inside of me. She was going crazy. As my eyes looked around the office, from the rich leather couch to the continuing of the panorama windows, I saw a man standing by his desk. His muscular body and huge frame so intimidating, but still not scaring me for some reason. His sexy hands with tattoos on them had me weak and forced me to clear the mystery of who he was, by looking into his eyes.

As soon as my blue eyes met his brown ones, waves of emotions hit my body full force, pushing me a step backward. It was like a blow in the gut, except for the pain, no pain. There was only the thumping of my beating heart mixing with his, his brown hair so thick it looked amazing pushed back. His slight stubble was so manly and his dark eyes triggered a swoon in my body. He was so dangerously sexy, it almost hurt.

A deep growl left the depths of his throat, "Mate." He declared for both of us to hear. Making my wolf howl in response by hearing her mate's voice for the first time, she was ecstatic and I was enjoying the view of what the Moon Goddess had created for me and me alone.

"Mate." I answered in an airy voice, he clearly had his claws in me already. I really did not think that I'd be meeting my mate in this godforsaken pack. I guess She had some plans for me after all.