{19}

Aeonian

(adj.) eternal; everlasting

After Lilly promised me to keep the secret hidden, repeatedly, we decided to face the pack head on. According to her it would only be the closest of us, Arrax didn't want the entire pack to see me vulnerable. Once again he showed insane compassion for me, and I didn't know when the shift between him and I had happened, but it definitely was there. 

When we reached the living room, Arrax was alone and ate breakfast. The others would be here in a minute, so I chose to sit next to him immediately instead of overthinking and missing my chance. Lilly walked into the kitchen to give us some privacy, and I both appreciated and hated her for it. It was dangerous for him and I to be alone right now. 

"Arrax?" Sitting down next to him, our eyes locked, creating thunder in my heart. 

He seemed surprised that I was here already, but also slightly relieved, "Aspen, I'm glad to see you here. How're you feeling?" His husky and deep voice made for a whole bunch of jitters in my stomach, but I actually felt happy to see him again. 

Smiling at him, "Fine, a little sore, but who wouldn't be?"

"I apologize that I really couldn't do anything to help, at least anything that our souls would approve of." His eyes searched my entire face, leaving a fire in their wake. How it was possible for him to affect me this deeply, I didn't truly get, but I decided to go with it anyway.

"Don't, you and I both know it was bound to happen at some point, I just appreciate you respecting the boundaries." 

He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, the silence that settled was so comfortable and I loved how I could feel this way with him. These feelings had blossomed out of the blue, but I couldn't deny the obvious attraction between us. His rough fingers against my skin suffocated me, his presence alone affected me. It wasn't a choice we'd made, but we had been weak in several situations. This was the outcome of weakness, but I enjoyed it too much to do anything about it. 

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me today? I'll give you a little tour of the grounds." He asked, "If you feel up for it, that is."

Smiling at him in surprise, "I'd love that."

Before any of us could talk more, the others came running in, barely noticing Arrax and I. As we grabbed breakfast, me entering heat wasn't mentioned, not even once. It shocked me, but then again, I felt like Arrax had a say in it and he probably ordered them to keep their mouths shut. Breakfast went by so fast, with the familiar talking and laughing going on throughout the entire meal, I loved it. This was starting to feel a little too much like home, I thought as the others left to watch a movie. 

"Join me then." Arrax said with a charming smirk, offering me his hand. 

I accepted his offer and he intertwined our fingers, making every bone in my body shake with anticipation. I loved how he made me feel, there was no comparing. "Where are we going first?"

"I thought I'd show you my favorite spot in the woods, since I've noticed how much you love the outdoors." His eyes twinkled at me, as he tugged me outside with him. 

The little bubble of excitement filled my stomach and a goofy smile reached my lips, "You noticed that, huh?"

"Your constant need to run away from the house and return hours later kind of gave me an idea, yes." 

Walking backwards in front of him, I cocked an eyebrow, "Stalking me, are we Alpha?"

He smirked at my question, making my heart skip a beat, "I wouldn't dream of it."

"Hm, somehow I find that quite hard to believe." I smirked, not even noticing how far we'd already walked.

"Don't worry, as long as you have Lilly in the house, you're safe from my stalking. She doesn't tolerate me looking at you from a distance." He laughed, the sound so deep and beautiful I stopped dead in my tracks. Arrax slammed into my body, since I'd been walking right in front of him. His amused eyes met mine, "What's up?"

Looking up at him, I shook my head to wake up from my shock, "Oh nothing, my feet were tired for a second there."

His eyes fell to my feet before they met mine again, "Is that so?"

"Indeed it is, phew, good thing I could stop right when I needed it the most, huh?" I asked in a desperate attempt to cover how much I reacted to him simply laughing. I just hadn't heard it before, but his laugh truly did suit him and his dark persona. He was addictive and I didn't know how to deal with it.

"But we can't wait around for your feet to be okay again." He elaborated, the smirk so deep I got nervous about what he'd planned.

"I guess we have to, it's a shame really. No matte-" 

I didn't get to finish my sentence before Arrax had thrown me over his shoulder, my head was dangling awkwardly close to his ass and I knew that my butt was placed right by his face. "Arrax, put me down!" I laughed at him in surprise.

"Your feet aren't feeling well, I'm just doing my duty as your mate, don't worry about it." He teased back, the smile so heavy on his words I couldn't help but feel all bubbly inside.

"Don't worry about it." I mocked in a deep voice.

"Be nice or I'm gonna smack your ass, it's very tempting I might add." He laughed.

'Please do' My wolf purred making me groan in embarrassment, this was traumatizing.