{31}

Pawky

(adj.) sardonic sense of humor

"Is your arm okay?" Lilly asked, as we were walking in the woods. 

Looking down at the blood streaming down my arm, I was surprised I wasn't healed yet, but then again, I had ignored my wolf for weeks and she probably didn't want to help me out. It was her choice either way, "Yeah, it'll be fine." 

Deciding to get the dreaded statement over, before we crossed territory, I stopped in front of Lilly. "You need to know, that I'm doing this to protect you, okay?" She nodded at my question, urging me to keep going, "I promised Arrax that you'd use your time down in the cells these next couple of days, the only cure to raging is loneliness and we need to force it upon your wolf." 

She blinked at me, once, twice, thrice, "Okay, I had a feeling this was raging. But you need to guide me down there, I'm going to close my eyes as soon as we step onto territory, just so we're sure I won't see anyone that will make me snap again."

A wave of relief hit me, "Close your eyes then, I'll guide you."

Lilly did as I asked and together we made it onto territory and out of the woods, I tugged her with me past the pack house and when we made it to the work building, the elevator was quick to get to us. We took the last hallway before we would find a cell for her, Paul was sitting in his usual spot ready to take her from me, but I refused. She'd freak out again if she as much as heard his voice. 

Showing him that I wanted him to unlock the cell, without using words, he didn't get the message completely when he sent me a confused glance. "Have you gone mute? What's happening?" He asked, and my eyes immediately flew to Lilly. Goosebumps covered her arms and I could see the snarl on her lips, shit

It was against my morals to force her, but I couldn't have her run away again. As her eyes opened, they were two pools of black and a little bubble filled with disappointment bursted inside of me. Before she knew what had happened, I forcefully grabbed her wrist and twisted her arm onto her back, the screams that left her lips were painful to me, but it was what needed to be done. 

"Open the fucking cell, you idiot!" I screamed at Paul, when his shocked features were frozen. 

He did as I asked, but Lilly really was putting up a good fight. She was so ridiculously strong, even more than Grant that one day and I didn't know what to do, I couldn't hurt her. 

"Let me go!" She screamed at me as she threw her arm forward, making me fall down and my skin to scratch against the cold floor. She smirked at me and took a step in my direction, my fast reflexes were a gift in this situation. Just one more step, Lilly... 

As she took one step closer, my leg flew out, tripping her so she fell on the ground. Hurrying to my feet, I grabbed her arms, holding her in lock and dodging when she kicked out after my legs. I pulled her into the cell where she got out of my grip again, "Lock it, Paul!"

He seemed hesitant, "I'm not sure Alpha would want m-"

Lilly's fist flew towards my face, I dodged it and pushed against her stomach, making her fly into the bars. "Close it, NOW!" My scream was clearly enough for him, as he hurried to lock the cell, but he made sure to stay put if anything were to happen. 

Now to calm down a raging hybrid, this couldn't be easy because she had a reason to be mad at me now, too. I was the one who attacked her after all. "Lilly, look at me." I quickly tried, just to see where we stood. Her leg tried to kick me, but I grabbed it and pushed it down again, "It's me, Aspen," I tried, but her fist came in contact with my stomach, the pain subsided quickly and I grabbed her shirt, slamming her down on the ground, "Listen to me! It's me!"

Her body was snaking out of my grip, letting her go she crawled away from me and leaned against the bars. "Leave Aspen, I won't... I won't escape." I could hear my friend down there somewhere and I decided to follow her wishes, she didn't want to hurt me either, not deep down at least. This was her way of ensuring my safety. 

I scurried out as soon as Paul unlocked the cell for me, and he was fast to lock it after me, her defeated eyes turned sinister again. As fast as lighting she was standing against the bars right in front of me, a smirk so evil on her face it was horrific to watch. "You couldn't take me down, huh? Does it feel good, hm?"

She was spiteful in the hopes of riling me up, but I couldn't be bothered. "I hope you find yourself in there soon."

Those were my parting words as I left her alone with Paul, she screamed after me, I could hear the difference between herself and the raging wolf. She was crying out for me in a whimper, probably scared to death over what was happening to her. And her wolf was pushing every possible button I had. It hurt me to walk away, but it was exactly what she needed.

When I stepped into the elevator and the doors closed, my head slumped against the wall behind me in exhaustion. From sniffing her out and killing the rogue, to fighting with my friend in a basement before locking her up. Hopefully I could go home and sleep it off, I also needed to get my arm checked out, the adrenaline had left my body so it was throbbing in pain. This day could go to hell already, what an absolute nightmare.